Arai QUantum 2 - another question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

river

Reaction score
I'm about to spring for the Qunatum, but I discover that the face shield does not have detents.

Will it stay in partially open position at highway speeds or will it always snap shut? I never close the face shield on my HJC, it's always part or all the way open.

Thanks for the help...

I'm about to spring for the Qunatum, but I discover that the face shield does not have detents.
Will it stay in partially open position at highway speeds or will it always snap shut? I never close the face shield on my HJC, it's always part or all the way open.

Thanks for the help...I never had to keep it open, maybe an inch if I was starting out. I has great circulation and vents in the shield. If anything you may just drop the windsheild down if you are running above 100 degrees on the highway.

My shield on the Arai slides closed with constant air pressure. I wish it had the detents like the Shoei.

BG

Never had a Quantum/II.

I've owned two Quantum/f's and both stayed open no problem at speed (Although I usually had it close to closed at hwy speeds, I didn't want it open). My current Arai Profile also no problem, it has even more resistance then my old Q/f's.

You may want to check the helmet you're going to buy, close the shield and see how much resistance the shield has. If it's real easy to close it may not stay open as you'd like.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the help...
It should stay up. I've worn the quantum II for years on the FJR. It takes some effort to move the face shield up and down so the wind blast should not cause it to snap shut. I haven't tested this at highway speeds, though. I ride with the face shield in the down position and the windscreen about half way in the up position.

Glad you brought this up. In addition to my comments on the other thread (and my PM reply), let me say this. The Shoei shield is worlds easier to put on and take off. I'm sure you'd get used to how either one of them works if you do it a lot. But I only take mine on and off every couple of months so it's like a new adventure every time.

Latest posts