Are FJR's 50 state legal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busaroop

Reaction score
Are FJR's 50 state legal? If not are any model years 50 state? In particular, the 05. Thanks, Chris

As is the other 49 state model if you are riding through Cal, moving to Cal after buying the bike elsewhere, or buying a used 49 state model with more than 2700 miles on it.

--edit--

i transposed the numbers, sorry. i was thinking 7200 (close to the 7500).

i have read reports in various fjr forums of people who had a bike with less than 7500 miles on it when they moved to CA and they didn't have a problem. perhaps they got the needed miles on it before their existing registration expired?

Last edited by a moderator:
As is the other 49 state model if you are riding through Cal, moving to Cal after buying the bike elsewhere, or buying a used 49 state model with more than 2700 miles on it.
Moving to CA or buying an FJR from any other state....7500 miles. CA bikes must have the CARB sticker to be smog legal and able to register here.

Moving to CA or buying an FJR from any other state....7500 miles. CA bikes must have the CARB sticker to be smog legal and able to register here.

Well, the guy who bought my bike is in a jam. He lives in CA and my bike is from FL. It only has 1800 miles. 05 model. Anybody got any ideas for him?

Well, the guy who bought my bike is in a jam. He lives in CA and my bike is from FL. It only has 1800 miles. 05 model. Anybody got any ideas for him?
He won't be in trouble if he DOES NOT take the bike to Cal DMV. Once they inspect it and find it doesn't have enough miles or the sticker, it will be "black flagged" in their computer and NEVER be allowed back into CA.

Email him or call him, but warn him in advance.

He won't be in trouble if he DOES NOT take the bike to Cal DMV. Once they inspect it and find it doesn't have enough miles or the sticker, it will be "black flagged" in their computer and NEVER be allowed back into CA.

Email him or call him, but warn him in advance.
Lend the bike to skooter for 3 days for the additional 6k miles needed