are seats interchangeable ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n7myr

Reaction score
what seats will fit on what years

will gen II fit gen III ect

I was thinking we should get a loaner program going. a seat that can be sent around and used while yours is getting rebuilt.

I have searched and could not find the answer to this question. my seat is in for rebuild and while it is gone I am looking at setting a blanket on the frame to be able to ride while my seat is MIA

I am going to keep an eye out for a cheap used seat and then it can make the rounds to people that are in need

back in 08 I replaced my windshield on my Connie had a calsci and it was worn pretty bad so I ordered a vstream or something (different) and did not like it at all. so I ordered a calsci since I liked my first one and so I offered both shields, the worn out calsci and the new what ever it was I did not like to people to try before you buy. well here it is 2014 and those shields are still making the rounds. I hate to think how many miles they have gone in the back of a brown truck, anyway it went over big and is still doing strong over on the cog forum and now I think the seat idea will go as well

anyone have a cheap seat that will fit my 2014? when my seat gets back I will donate it to a loaner program

Gen 1 seats fit Gen 1

Gens 2 and 3 are, I believe, interchangeable.