Arizona FJR Forum New Year's Day Ride for El Menudo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Since many don't want to get up early after a night of New Year's festivities, let's meet at the Goldfield Road Chevron in far East Mesa just south of US Route 60 Superstition Freeway at 10am for a ride around the Superior-Kearney-Winkelman Loop.

We will stop for lunch in Globe-Comida Mexicana; for those that want to keep moving, you can continue on back to Phoenix.

AZ Los Robustos: we'll have menudo. 200 million Mexicanos can't be wrong about the hangover healing powers of menudo!

I'll be there ! It's always a nice ride & the company, well questionable, I'll fit right in !

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhhh..........I'll skip the menudo, but expect to be joining the ride, and am greatly looking forward to the entertainment of those that DO partake of the menudo.

Uhhhh..........I'll skip the menudo, but expect to be joining the ride, and am greatly looking forward to the entertainment of those that DO partake of the menudo.
SkooterG, did I mention menudo also serves as a penile enhancement, you won't have to buy those Internet pills anymore!

I know you've heard vectervp1's ladyfriend mention his Teziutlan Trouser Snake. Senorita Juana will say muchas gracias!!

Just a little warning Don, I've heard menudo may be hard to find New Years day. Most of the places in Globe serve it only on Saturday and Sunday. I'm trying to get a list of some places that serve it so we can try to plan accordingly.

Just a little warning Don, I've heard menudo may be hard to find New Years day. Most of the places in Globe serve it only on Saturday and Sunday. I'm trying to get a list of some places that serve it so we can try to plan accordingly.
Saludos Arte,

Arriba, Arriba! Todo esta bien! Los Hermanos Restaurant en Superior, Arizona esta abierto a partir de la 05:30 a 9:30 P.M. es el dia del Ano Nuevo! They have their website at www.loshermanosrestaurant.com/ for your viewing pleasure.

I spoke to Leticia en Espanol a minute ago and for SkooterG, you and myself they're making javelina menudo! Muy Bueno!

They can seat 50 people in the restaurant and 25 in the lounge. So we are covered for seating. Tamales y arroz y frijoles!

Recuerdos, Chuy

Skooter G.......... Don't be scared, Cow guts es muey bueno...... Damn, I might have to leave the BIG ride and join up with you fellers. This sounds like a might fine time. Anyone eight the soup there?

Greg

It takes a Big Dog to weigh a ton...................

Grog: Every Sabado y Domingo when I am anywhere near Superior out for a ride I stop at Los Hermanos for menudo. I've had menudo everywhere from Chandler to Guatemala City and the Los Hermanos menudo is some of the best. Magnifico!

Badcat: vectervp1 and I are a pair of menudo hounds that'll seek out the best menudo in the States of Arizona and Sonora.

Unless mi amigo is holding out on me, at a secret location he hasn't disclosed, here is my pick for best Chandler menudo:

El Sol Mexican Cafe & Bakery, 760 N. Arizona Ave., Chandler 480-786-0811; their Christmas tamales are also muy bueno!

Heads Up Everybody: I spoke to "Birdman," President of the Arizona Ducati Club, and last week he got a "performance award" from one of Arizona's finest on Route 188 while out riding his 916. The officer divulged that they're really going to pick up speed enforcement on Highway 177, especially on Jan 1! They're adding troopers there just for New Year's Day!

El Sol is where I was talking about Don. It has some of the best menudo in the valley... next to home stuff that is.

It sounds like this could be pretty big group heading down there. Are we sure they can hold all of us Don?

El Sol is where I was talking about Don. It has some of the best menudo in the valley... next to home stuff that is.
It sounds like this could be pretty big group heading down there. Are we sure they can hold all of us Don?
Hola Arte, With 1/1/08 being a Holiday we're really two-blocked in finding a place open for business, let alone large enough!

I know Mi Ranchito in Old Historic Globe is closed since I already called them. There are a bunch of gringo restaurants in Globe, but who wants to eat Yanqui food! There is La Casita Restaurant down in Mammoth, and that is only 25 miles south of Winkelman. But it is no larger than Los Hermanos and I found out that the South East Arizona Touring Riders BMW Club is also meeting there for lunch. So that restaurant will be maxed out too, plus we would have to break tortillas with those Kraut bastards on their goofy looking motorcycles with the pinche cabron cylinders sticking out of the sides. Que lastima!

Arturo, if you wanted to research a larger restaurant somewhere on our route, I'd be happy to go along with your findings!

Recuerdos, Chuy

I won't be able to make it as I will be

comming home from our cabin in Reserve NM.

Would love to geta chance to ride with you

guys. Hope to see you all in Tomstone in

May

Joe

Thanks very much for the offer. I already have plans for tomorrow but I am up for another time. Our 2007 Banquet is this Saturday night. We race at Firebird on the main track the weekend of Jan 12th & 13th and I am at a 3 day race summit meeting in Ft Worth on Jan 18, 19 & 20.

Do you guys ever do the Ranch House restaurant on top of Yarnell for breakfast? That is a 3 hr, 120 mile run for me.

Have a Happy & Safe New Year!

Randy

Thanks very much for the offer. I already have plans for tomorrow but I am up for another time. Our 2007 Banquet is this Saturday night. We race at Firebird on the main track the weekend of Jan 12th & 13th and I am at a 3 day race summit meeting in Ft Worth on Jan 18, 19 & 20.
Do you guys ever do the Ranch House restaurant on top of Yarnell for breakfast? That is a 3 hr, 120 mile run for me.

Have a Happy & Safe New Year!

Randy
Happy New Years Randy,

I'm very familiar with CCS Roadracing, you & your people run a fine sporting event. I'm good friends with Josh and David Slepak, owners of BMW/Ducati/Triumph Motorcycles of Scottsdale. I have attended Firebird Raceway to watch their bike.

We of AZ Beemers, AZ FJR Forum Group, and Fast Tour Riders Group have certainly had breakfast at the Ranch House Restaurant on the top of Yarnell Grade. However, I just realized it has been a number of years since we have eaten there!

I'm leading the three groups above to Bahia Kino, Sonora, Mexico in February; and my 11-year old son Seth and I are touring New Zealand in March. But Randy, I'll get together today with SkooterG and we'll plan Yarnell for the last weekend.

Sincerely yours, Don Stanley

Alright folks, I know some of you bastages *cough*SkooterG*cough* are getting up there in age and stayin up drinking wears you out, but its time to RIDE!