Armrests for 2nd rider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UHOH

Reaction score
Tri-Cities, WA (the dry east side of mtns)
At my local riders' coffee, one of our FJR participants showed up with a custom fabricated armrest setup for his wife. He frequently rides 2-up and sometimes worries about whether his wife will fall asleep when on the freeway traverses going to where-ever.

Apr282014058smaller_zps20939835.jpg

In this photo, he said the angled second brace successfully prevents wobbling or vibration. Aluminum.

Apr282014075smaller_zps510b1d50.jpg

He was pleased his wife said she liked it. He used armrests from an old office chair.

Just FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, that looks like a nice fabrication job. However, it looks as if it is using the OEM plastic grab rail / platform to secure it. That is a lot of leverage on the rear sub frame. It will eventually crack if - when she leans heavly on those arm rests. I don't see any structure forward of that backrest to take the torquing loads. Perhaps there is a lot more there under the seat hidden from view.

They look fixed too. She probably gets on the bike first, sits in her seat before he gets on. Seems rather awkward to me. If the arm rests pivoted up out of the way that would make a difference.

Any other pictures available?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.... I think a givi rack and instead of 2 brackets going to the same area behind the seat, use one, with another clamped under the arm rest mounts to the givi rack.

I think it would be a stronger support and one could bolt other things to the brackets.

Interesting.... I think a givi rack and instead of 2 brackets going to the same area behind the seat, use one, with another clamped under the arm rest mounts to the givi rack. I think it would be a stronger support and one could bolt other things to the brackets.
I think you are onto something

Man im telling ya.... Im looking for anything I can do to make this bike better for the wife.. She tried a goldwing now its all hands on deck to try and keep the FJR

I like goldwings and all but ...