Aspirin and earplugs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glory racing

Reaction score
Just installed a Cee Bailey +2H +0W flip shield. Buffeting and wind noise is gone and the sporty looks remain! I am one happy puppy and just had to tell someone. Thanx for listening. (5'8" tall w/ 29" inseam)

Mark

I have a corbin seat. It does seem to lower you on the bike, just slightly, however due to its additional width, it did not bring the ground up much. Regarding the buffeting/noise, I only have to raise the shield about 2/3 to achieve nirvana...and I am still looking over the shield. Schweet! If necessary, I can raise it all the way and look through the shield instead of over it. Yesterday I went out for a short test ride with no helmet and a smoke just to check out the wind/shield situation. Yep...quiet and still as could be.

I do not yet have pics, but I can shoot some for ya if you would like, probably in a couple of days. I believe 'duff' has the same shield and has posted a couple pics. Try a search for his threads.

Mark

(a short person and loving it in this situation, however, if I drop the bike because I run out of leg before gravity is done with me, I will be bitching because the lord gave me good looks instead of height)

Thanks for the pointer to "duff". I'll check his pics.

I have an appointment at Corbin/Hollister next week - about 100 mile ride from SF. They'll custom fit a seat while I'm there. Any advice from the experience you've had with your Corbin to get the ground closer to my feet while retaining enough foam so it still functions as a seat?

I've read enough reviews on the forum to know that some folks recommend the Corbin, others, not.

Thanks.

Seats, just like asses, are an individual thing. Whats comfortable for me, may suck for you. I believe corbin has a 'Nose job' they can do to the seat. Since you are fortunate enough to go to there facility, maybe they will have samples you can try out and ask a lot of questions. Regarding the hardness of the seat, it does not bother me. I guess i carry enough padding with me already.

Good luck,

Mark

Latest posts