ATGATT Saved My Bacon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that right there is why I only buy jerseys that are on sale for less than $20. Lol

Glad your gear saved your skin!!

I'm with you on that one. It got replaced with a Bilt on sale for $14.99.

Thanks for reading!

I'm not familiar with the term "pressure suit." Can you tell me what you mean by that? Thanks.
I have a link in the blog to it. They are more commonly used in offroad riding. Its kind of like a mesh/spandex shirt with armor built in. This kind of armor is better because the guards really stay in place and provide great protection.

That helmet is like mine from 2007, shows the necessity of full-face protection. These guys wearing half-lids thinking they've got protection just don't realize how hard it is to land on the TOP of your head when the bike dumps you.

I'm not familiar with the term "pressure suit." Can you tell me what you mean by that? Thanks.
I have a link in the blog to it. They are more commonly used in offroad riding. Its kind of like a mesh/spandex shirt with armor built in. This kind of armor is better because the guards really stay in place and provide great protection.
They are also better than just standard chest protection or roost-guards. Most of the chest pieces I have seen the last couple years zip up the middle, which creates a weak spot in the center of the chest.

A pressure suit is the way to go because all the armor is connected to it and held in place. The zippers are usually on the side, so there is no weak spot in the center of the armor. I wear a Thor, but there are lots of brands available that vary in armor type, comfort and fit.

https://www.advrider.com/forums/attachment.php?s=5362637f5650af92e919e80466b8e448&attachmentid=272241&d=1308621137

That helmet is like mine from 2007, shows the necessity of full-face protection. These guys wearing half-lids thinking they've got protection just don't realize how hard it is to land on the TOP of your head when the bike dumps you.
That helmet pic was from my friend's first day after getting back on a bike. He overshot his turn. He messed his shoulder up and it will require surgery, but he only had one small scratch on his hand from that wreck.

They are also better than just standard chest protection or roost-guards. Most of the chest pieces I have seen the last couple years zip up the middle, which creates a weak spot in the center of the chest.

A pressure suit is the way to go because all the armor is connected to it and held in place. The zippers are usually on the side, so there is no weak spot in the center of the armor. I wear a Thor, but there are lots of brands available that vary in armor type, comfort and fit.

https://www.advrider.com/forums/attachment.php?s=5362637f5650af92e919e80466b8e448&attachmentid=272241&d=1308621137
When I first got into dual sport riding I really didn't know what I needed. The guy at Cycle Gear told me not to get a pressure suit and just to go with a roost guard. I wore that roost guard one time and I saw how much I was falling and decided that I needed more protection.

He told me not to get them because they were hot and uncomfortable, but I have not found that to be the case. I really forget I have it on.

Latest posts