ATL/North GA Sightings

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score
Not terribly long ago, I was accosted by SmithPA at a gas station. Nice guy. We live fairly close together, but had managed to avoid meeting for years. The on-site parking at my employer has grown from one FJR (mine) to three. I had spoken with the guy who, like me a couple of years ago, recently went to a gen III FJR from an oilhead. Then, yesterday, there was a deep blue gen II FJR strategically parked right next to my '14. I walked around it and ogled it for several minutes, acting as if my freshly washed and waxed '14 was chopped liver. The blue bike, while clearly an earlier model, looked as if it had never left the showroom. It was that clean and unblemished. Were it not for the sargent seat, SR357, and givi E55, it would have passed for never having left the dealership.

Since this is a catchall "sighting" thread- I also passed what appeared to be a female riding a '14 red Fjr with all bags removed in the Toccoa area weekend before last. I was scouting the war museum as a potential site for an upcoming charity tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
You accused me of being Lumberg. I thought jig was up. Seriously, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Saw an FJR (bass boat blue) northbound on GA 400 just outside the Perimeter last week -- on a trailer behind a 90s-vintage Ford Explorer. Two old farts in the Explorer. Perhaps the same bike?

I did and you denied it until I twisted your arm. Guilty as both Hill and Don apparently. Lol. I think North GA is full of FJR riders actually. More than most areas. Shows we have good taste in motorbikes around here.