Audiovox CCS-100 Switches

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRGuy

FJR Rally Addict! :D
Reaction score
wondering if anyone knows if any momentary on - off - momentary on switches could be used in place of the supplied switches?

Last edited by a moderator:
wondering if anyone knows if any momentary on - off - momentary on switches could be used in place of the supplied switches?
If you're running it so that power is always on when the bike is running.....

Then yes, one switch can do all of the chores with only three wires going to that switch. The momentary up and down, with off in the middle (as the default) makes it just like a car--set/accel resume/coast with brakes or clutch as the cancel.

It might be set/coast resume/accel, I forget right now, but you get the point, right?

Shane

Good to know it's been done before. I hadn't seen that in my reading.

I was planing on a separate on/off switch with control switch at my fingertips.

Thanks!

The on/off isn't actually a power switch on the Audiovox. The on button sets a latching circuit that keeps power on in the controller, and the off button triggers something else that turns off the latch. Generally folks replacing the Audiovox control pad with something else just wire the red wire at the control pad connector to the brown wire. The system thinks you're holding the on button, which it's OK with.

What you want to do with your operating switch (you need a momentary contact double-throw center-off switch) is connect 12 volts to the green wire for set/coast, and 12 volts to the yellow wire for resume/accel. Basically tie the red and brown wires together, connect them to the common terminal of your switch. That gets 12 volts to the brown wire at all times, and makes 12 volts available to the switch. Connect green to one side of the switch and yellow to the other. The red wire goes through the fuse to a switched power source on the bike, such as the blue wire to the front turn signals or the tail lights.

Wired like that, the control unit is always on with the bike on, which is perfectly OK. All you need then is the switch to bump for set or resume. Couldn't be simpler.

Well I just picked up an Audiovox CCS-100 (missing control pad) from eBay.

No the fun job of trying to compile all the useful bits of the various install threads into a single install instruction set.

Weeee.... :huh:

The on/off isn't actually a power switch on the Audiovox. The on button sets a latching circuit that keeps power on in the controller, and the off button triggers something else that turns off the latch. Generally folks replacing the Audiovox control pad with something else just wire the red wire at the control pad connector to the brown wire. The system thinks you're holding the on button, which it's OK with.
What you want to do with your operating switch (you need a momentary contact double-throw center-off switch) is connect 12 volts to the green wire for set/coast, and 12 volts to the yellow wire for resume/accel. Basically tie the red and brown wires together, connect them to the common terminal of your switch. That gets 12 volts to the brown wire at all times, and makes 12 volts available to the switch. Connect green to one side of the switch and yellow to the other. The red wire goes through the fuse to a switched power source on the bike, like the blue wire to the front turn signals or the tail lights.

Wired like that, the control unit is always on with the bike on, which is perfectly OK. All you need then is the switch to bump for set or resume. Couldn't be simpler.
+1

Exactly how I did both of my installs and they worked great.

Well I just picked up an Audiovox CCS-100 (missing control pad) from eBay.No the fun job of trying to compile all the useful bits of the various install threads into a single install instruction set.

Weeee.... :huh:

Good luck on that one, I spent a few hours gathering information from all the different threads and websites that

cover the install. I had grand plans to write a "Manual", then found out that the unit was discontinued.

I gave up.

The good news is, you will find out all you need to do a great install.

What you want to do with your operating switch (you need a momentary contact double-throw center-off switch) is connect 12 volts to the green wire for set/coast, and 12 volts to the yellow wire for resume/accel. Basically tie the red and brown wires together, connect them to the common terminal of your switch. That gets 12 volts to the brown wire at all times, and makes 12 volts available to the switch. Connect green to one side of the switch and yellow to the other. The red wire goes through the fuse to a switched power source on the bike, like the blue wire to the front turn signals or the tail lights.

To avoid confusing info between threads, I thought I'd note that wfooshee has since confirmed in another thread that the latching circuit is actually in the switch housing so connecting red to brown is equivalent to pressing and releasing the On button.

I also was momentarily confused by the "blue wire to the front turn signals or the tail lights" thinking it was referring to the AVCC Blue wire when Walter was referring to the blue running light wire on the bike.

Reading it back, I actually had to think a minute. Why am I talking about the blue wire? It goes to the coil! So I see your point. I changed the word "like" in my post to "such as" which makes it read better, I think.