Audiovox Cruise Control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisW

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone who's installed this little mirracle has bothered to waterproof the control unit.

Obviously it's designed to be installed in the cabin of an auto. You can see the circuit board through the 1/4 x 3/4 inch hole in the back.

I thought about just squeezing some silicone into the back of it, but I don't know how the electronics would handle that. I would think better than being filled with water.

Thanks.

Do a search, the page that gives detailed instuctions on installing it on 03'-05' FJR's goes over exactly how to water proof the control pad.

A must do. Take the unit apart, the faceplate and back just pry apart. Use clear silicone around the membrane and face plate at the openings, then a bead around the back of the board where the face and back meet. The silicone won't hurt anything as long long as you don't get any on the contacts for the switches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oddly enough, that task is on my list of things to do today.

Also, if you haven't already, get one of Skyway's most excellent billet aluminum control pad mounting setups. Tres chic!

Last edited by a moderator:
A must do. Take the unit apart, the faceplate and back just pry apart. Use clear silicone around the membrane and face plate at the openings, then a bead around the back of the board where the face and back meet. The silicone won't hurt anything as long long as you don't get any on the contacts for the switches.
Excelent!

Thanks.