Audiovox Switch Mount For Right Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesignFlaw06

Reaction score
Does a decent mounting method for the CCS-100 control pad exist for the right side of an A model? I have the J&M on the left side, which will remain there. I'd really like to put the cruise control mount on the other side for a couple reasons. 1) It'll sort of balance out the look of the bike and 2) it will put the Accel/Resume/Set buttons near my thumb or forefinger, rather than the opposite side. The only things I've found for right handed control mounts exist only for the AE model.

Thanks,

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason you'll only find them for the AE model, is that the AE model does not have a clutch handle or reservoir.

The right side (brake) is EXACTLY the same between the AE and the A models.

So - buy one for the AE model, and use it on your A.

Does a decent mounting method for the CCS-100 control pad exist for the right side of an A model? I have the J&M on the left side, which will remain there. I'd really like to put the cruise control mount on the other side for a couple reasons. 1) It'll sort of balance out the look of the bike and 2) it will put the Accel/Resume/Set buttons near my thumb or forefinger, rather than the opposite side. The only things I've found for right handed control mounts exist only for the AE model.
Thanks,

Tim
I'm in the process of making one, I'll post a pic when its finished.

Tim

I ordered that, and maybe I got the wrong one. But it looked like it was still set to use the large threaded hole on the left side that doesn't exist on the right. Then I had a brilliant idea that I could bend it, and drill a couple of holes to make it fit on the right with some slightly longer bolts. That worked out very poorly, and in my frustration, bent it beyond repair.

I'm in the process of making one, I'll post a pic when its finished.
Tim
I'm anxiously awaiting. Perhaps there is hope.

I have not finished the install, so the control wires have not been dressed or water-proofed at the back of the control mounting bracket. The control was taken apart and put back together with clear RTV silicone and the same for the back of the control unit to the front of the black walnut spacer. While riding I can easily reach the button with my right thumb. Also just ordered the check-valves, so the rest of the project can be finished. Sorry...just a phone camera...

Bracket Fabrication 1:

Photo-0183.jpg

Bracket Fabrication 2:

Photo-0184.jpg

Bracket test fit 1:

Photo-0185.jpg

Bracket test fit 2:

Photo-0186.jpg

Dip-shit:

Photo-0188.jpg

Bracket after dip:

Photo-0190.jpg