Audiovox vac can - which works?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, be sure to consider the FJR's space limitations here. Audiovox markets two different vacuum canister models, and that model number refers to the larger one. Also, $19 sounds a bit pricy.

I think that canyonman has it right in that PVC is the way to go. Easy to customize into most any available nook or cranny.

Well since I never got around to posting this anywhere else.

..and since you asked...

Here is a photo of my "vac can":

DSC04049.JPG

Can you see it?

Here's hint of what you're looking for:

DSC04032.JPG

with a couple of these on the ends:

5346k61-120x80.jpg

It may not be farkle of the year, but it has three things going for it. It's cheap. The parts are easy to find. It doesn't take up a lot of space.

Here's another photo:

DSC04044.JPG

I love innovative thinking like that. That is what I am going to do on my install this winter.

Kurt

When I did my install, I spent a lot of time considering where to place a vacuum canister. I finally gave up.

Instead, I tapped into all four TB's with a check valve at each port. I figured if I had to, I could go back later

if necessary and put in a vacuum reservoir. I've got about 12,000 miles since the install and I'm quite pleased with

how it works. I've never felt a need to add the reservoir.

To be accurate, I ride on roads that might be called "roller coasters" with frequent elevation changes and the CC will often drop out on a sharp ascent that follows a sharp descent. In all fairness, these roads would probably require a downshift from someone not using a cruise control. Unlike a car with automatic transmission, this set-up doesn't permit a downshift while maintaining set speed. Other than that, the CC performs exactly as expected.

If I was to do it again, I would still forgo the reservoir.

I've fab'd 2 canisters out of PVC, but have seen metal fuel filters work well also. Dig the hoser can above!

Shane

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent idea :clapping:

Well since I never got around to posting this anywhere else.
..and since you asked...

Here is a photo of my "vac can":

DSC04049.JPG

Can you see it?

Here's hint of what you're looking for:

DSC04032.JPG

with a couple of these on the ends:

5346k61-120x80.jpg

It may not be farkle of the year, but it has three things going for it. It's cheap. The parts are easy to find. It doesn't take up a lot of space.

Here's another photo:

DSC04044.JPG

I am searching for a video of the install ... Anyone?

I will pay to the producer and the installer!

Anyone in the Richmond VA area that has done the install "competently" and can help?

(I live in NJ, but the bike is in VA so I can use it at work.)

Here's a picture of my vac canister. It made from 1-1/2" PVC pipe. There's a perfect spot to hide it under the tool tray.

DSC_2066.jpg

Ed.