Aussie Police FJR'S

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thug

A shy retiring flower in a Thug's exterior
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics sent to me by a mate of mine who ride's with the NSW POLICE TOG (or Toggies) Transport Operations Group) at least that was their name a few years back.

Bikes being prept

FJR1300Police001.jpg

As you can see some bits and pieces to go in and on it yet (See floor near rear tyre)

FJR1300Police002.jpg

I'll keep you updated....

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the crash bars. They gotta be better than sliders. And the siren would be cool too.

Noticed the large feet fairings, windshield and crash bars. Not impressed with the seat conversion /trunk

I agree on the crash bars. I would just like to have the rear set to protect the bags. Very cool. We need someone Down Under to scope it out for us.

It looks like a plate attaches using the cap screw that's under the adjustable side vent.

The bar attaches to that plate and other attach point is the usual GenII slider attach point.

That would be a lot stronger than a slider and a highway pegs would be an easy add-on.

Compare those to the cop bikes in the Netherlands. Dale Franks' link: Various police agencies

G'Day Thug, Excellent work, bringing us information on the Aussie Police FJR's. Like the others, I am interested to find out the availability of the rear seat conversion and the crashbars. Perhaps a Group Buy if they're available to the civilian population?

Off Topic: Thug, is there a Bike Rental Agency in Melbourne, or elsewhere in Victoria State, that you could recommend to me?

I finally got to go to exploring in New Zealand for two weeks this March, but I have not yet had the chance to see beautiful OZ!

I want to celebrate my 62nd birthday in 2010 by motoring around Australia. Any suggestions for Sydney, Darwin or Perth? DS

I want to celebrate my 62nd birthday in 2010 by motoring around Australia. Any suggestions for Sydney, Darwin or Perth? DS

You are aware that they drive on the wrong side of the road down there? :blink:

Do they rent bikes with right hand drive?