Aussie Police FJR'S

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first look I was wondering why this was labeled "Not Safe for Work"... :dribble:

Just kidding....I do like some of the mods....considering all the cracks I got in my old Venture plastic maybe I ought to think about a set of those crash bars for the FJR..... :rolleyes:

Ray

I need that rear seat conversion!! dats cool!
Isn't that the Corbin Smuggler?
Nope, Heres a Corbin Smuggler:

corbinseatsmuggler.JPG

G'Day Thug, Excellent work, bringing us information on the Aussie Police FJR's. Like the others, I am interested to find out the availability of the rear seat conversion and the crashbars. Perhaps a Group Buy if they're available to the civilian population?

Off Topic: Thug, is there a Bike Rental Agency in Melbourne, or elsewhere in Victoria State, that you could recommend to me?

I finally got to go to exploring in New Zealand for two weeks this March, but I have not yet had the chance to see beautiful OZ!

I want to celebrate my 62nd birthday in 2010 by motoring around Australia. Any suggestions for Sydney, Darwin or Perth? DS
I'll see my "Inside Man" and get some pickies with the bags off so you get a good idea of how the rear crash bars are located and naturally I will see about the rear container!!!Leave it with me.

Beemerdons.....If your going to putt around Oz may I suggest you buy a bike when you get here (Say a Tiger et al) as the hiring of a bike to go around would be cost prohibitive. Drop me a line...as with all my Yankie FJRérs there is a place here for you to crash and have a look around my part of the world! ( East Gippsland Victoria Australia, Great Alpine Road etc..) Google it you'll find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to score some of those crash bars for my bike. Lots of possibilities for those...

Yeah, love to have those bars! And the seat conversion.

I sooooo LOVE the white FJR! I like it better than the black or silver. Would be an even choice with the black cherry... Wish that were an option here without a repaint. Hello? Yammie? You listening???

Maybe after I win the lotto I'll pony up for a new set of plastic and a tank and shoot some pearl white and graphics!

C

OK so here's the latest........

My mate is not due for the FJR until they get ride of their BMW (yes I know...) so they are packing the mileage on it ASAP. As soon as he gets one the pics will follow he is also going to find out the other stuff and get back to me re seat mod and rear crash bar locations....

Ciao

I'd also like to figure out where to get that trunk. Bigger than smuggler, looks better, etc.

Paulie