Auto-Retract/Heasted Grip Electrical Connectors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TahoeBound

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can confirm Eastern Beaver, 2P090K-SMHM sumitomo .090 connector is a direct fit for the windshield auto-retract and the heated grip connectors of an 08 Yamaha FJR1300? It sure looks the same, but I’d like to be sure before ordering. So far, I have been unable to confirm with Jim.

Sumitomo Connector

There is other info on the "Hitachi" .110, but that's not a match.

TIA

[Edit: apparently this connector is used in several places on the VStrom & we know the FJR likes VStrom stuff (eg. hand protectors)!]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering if anyone can confirm Eastern Beaver, 2P090K-SMHM sumitomo .090 connector is a direct fit for the windshield auto-retract and the heated grip connectors of an 08 Yamaha FJR1300? It sure looks the same, but I’d like to be sure before ordering. So far, I have been unable to confirm with Jim.
Sumitomo Connector

There is other info on the "Hitachi" .110, but that's not a match.

TIA

[Edit: apparently this connector is used in several places on the VStrom & we know the FJR likes VStrom stuff (eg. hand protectors)!]

Well, I can't resist. I previously wired the Honda grips into the Yamaha existing connector with the Rat Shack 7/64 (.110) single, female (I think). But the thought of having the Sumitomo connector & "factory wiring/look" is too much for me to resist. I've made the purchase and will report back.

Please keep us posted. If it works I will be making an order.
BINGO! That's the one (see link above). I now have my Honda heated grips attached "factory" to the Yamaha existing grip connector. That leaves an open "disabled auto-retract" plug for other stuff & now we can do that "factory" too. Jim @ Eastern Beaver has a great website - very detailed & he is responsive by email. If you purchase the connectors (apparently most of the connectors on the FJR are Sumitomo) in hindsight:

- Consider the recommended crimper tool. I used small needle nose and carefully did it just fine. However, since the blade slides into the connector very precisely, if you tweak the blade wrong it may not slide & lock well. May want to order a couple extra male/female "blades" in case you hose one (though connecting to the Yamaha grip I only needed one for the power source anyway, which left one extra).

- Review Jim's great crimping instructions: Crimping 101

- Has cool VStrom electrical stuff: VStrom Electrical

Thanks for the good research and info. Contributions like yours often go underappreciated amid the chaff.

Good Job! I am ordering up some bullet connectors for my Triumph too. Got to get ready for those winter projects.

Bill