Autocom Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S76

Reaction score
I am ready to purchase an Autocom intercom and can't decide which one.

I am using the Garmin Zumo, which does the phone, MP3, XM, and GPS. So I only really need one input at this point in time.

I ride with the speakers sometime and ear phones the rest, usually solo with ear phones.

Where I am stumped is, the Pro Avi, the high end one, has automatic volume and VOX shift depending on ambient noise. The Active Plus, the middle grade unit, does not. This seems to be the major difference.

Is it worth the extra money, ($150) to get the automatic volume shift? Has anyone had experience with both that can advise?

I searched but could not find this specifically.

Thanks in advance,

bob

I can't speak from experience but I ordered the pro avi yesterday. I think the extra money will be worth it if the volume shift works the way autocom explains it.

I went with the Active Plus unit and have not thought twice about it since. Once adjusted the VOX setting has never needed changing again. 0-100+ vox works great. I use VOX for local communication and use the push to talk button for bike to bike. I currently run GPS, Sirius, cell, and bike to bike without issue. Either way I don't think you could go wrong with either unit.