Autocom setup...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew231506

0 Posts Per Day
Reaction score
Well after posting early on for Autocom setups and experiences I bit the bullet and called Kieth. He was...just as everyone said...very helpful! I decided to go with the powered tankbag, as someone on the forum said. He hooked it up with the Autocom Active-Plus Kit...with passenger headphones...and did the install on the helmets. He got it back to me in less than a week.

We tried it out tonight and I thought it was pretty cool!! Music wasnt quite loud enough with my earplugs...but i may get some different earplugs that will hopefully improve that. Ill could hear the fiance' great though...and she talked and talked and talked...i almost sent the autocom back! Anyway here it is...i just sent him my tankbag and our cheek pads.

IMG_2246.JPG

IMG_2245.JPG

Drew, I am thinking about xm radio. Was this a lot of $? Tank bag would be nice, don't have all that stuff on the bike. Who did you deal with? Thanks Smitty

If you are looking for some earphones that work well try these.......

https://www.trickearphones.com/

I heard about them from a racer buddy of mine and ordered a pair about a month ago. They do work great. I used to use ear buds with ear muffs to cut the grass and listen to music but with the trick earphones they block enough noise I don't even need the ear muffs. On the bike they are great for blocking noise - as good as normal foam earplugs and the sound quality is good even at low levels as their ads say. I would recommend them.

I have no connection to trick earphones, by the way. They do work well.

Keith Goudelock (pr. Godlock) at Tulsa Truck Center 918.446.2245 in case anybody else is interested in a setup. He also sells parts for the DIY crowd.

If you are looking for some earphones that work well try these.......
https://www.trickearphones.com/

I heard about them from a racer buddy of mine and ordered a pair about a month ago. They do work great. I used to use ear buds with ear muffs to cut the grass and listen to music but with the trick earphones they block enough noise I don't even need the ear muffs. On the bike they are great for blocking noise - as good as normal foam earplugs and the sound quality is good even at low levels as their ads say. I would recommend them.

I have no connection to trick earphones, by the way. They do work well.
Hey these look like a cool idea...and theyre not hundreds of dollars!

I called Keith a few weeks ago, and he was of great assistance. Chose the same setup, except I'm not getting the speakers installed. The Mrs should be mailing him the tankbag to do the deal. I'm going to use the power cord from my battery tender to run the installation. The pictures are a great help, is anyone going to try out the trickearphones?

Drool drool, more stuff to install when I get home!