AutoCom Super Pro AVi arrived

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripntx

Reaction score
Ordered an AutoCom Super Pro AVi (DUO) from Keith at Tulsa Truck Center (918-446-2245) last Thursday, he shipped it on Friday and it arrived Monday afternoon via USPS registered mail. Keith knows AutoCom, and answered all my questions while ordering.

Installed under front seat in the tool kit area. Ran cords to cell phone, XM, and radar detector. Spent approximately 2 hrs.

Installed headset, with the sound sensor above cheekpads like the directions stated.

Adjusted VOX full counterclockwise. Divers volume was perfect in the middle. Rode 40 miles, and the VOX kept picking up the wind. Called Keith, he said to move the sound sensor to front lower corner of hemet, which means it is in the wind current. Went for a ride, VOX only came on when I spoke. Perfect.

Installed headset in wifes helmet this evening, we just returned from a ride. We absolutely love the setup. VOX works as advertised, music cuts in half when talking, wind doesn't set it off. Radar comes through loud, AND most importantly, the radio volume sounds just as good at 75 mph as it does at idle; sound sensor automatically turns up the volume as it picks up the wind.

Also, made 1 phone call while doing 65, my buddy said I came in loud and clear, although my wife and I both thought he cut out a little.

Very much worth the money. Have owned riderlink and chatterbox tandem pro, which were both under $200 each setups for two people. Both turned out to be cheap, and not work like I wanted. Wished I would have purchased this AutoCom in the beginning, instead of having tried to nickle and dime it.

BTW, we purchased HJC Sy-Max2 helmets from Newenough the other week. Ordered on Saturday, accepted delivery on Tuesday, they are very nice. We both like them better the Arai's we used to own. Much quiter than other full face helmets I have worn. Color is a little darker than my '06AE. Might be a little closer the '08AE. Ordered one size smaller cheekpads for each, and that made them fit perfect.

Tripntx,

Thanks for the report.

Thanks for the pointer on moving the sound sensor to the front. The Autocom support guy kept saying to leave it in the back - going to up front starting tonight! Did you bring it forward to the front of the cheek pad or closer to the ear?

Where to you have the music fade set?

Roy

Ordered an AutoCom Super Pro AVi (DUO) from Keith at Tulsa Truck Center (918-446-2245) last Thursday, he shipped it on Friday and it arrived Monday afternoon via USPS registered mail. Keith knows AutoCom, and answered all my questions while ordering.
Installed under front seat in the tool kit area. Ran cords to cell phone, XM, and radar detector. Spent approximately 2 hrs.

Installed headset, with the sound sensor above cheekpads like the directions stated.

Adjusted VOX full counterclockwise. Divers volume was perfect in the middle. Rode 40 miles, and the VOX kept picking up the wind. Called Keith, he said to move the sound sensor to front lower corner of hemet, which means it is in the wind current. Went for a ride, VOX only came on when I spoke. Perfect.

Installed headset in wifes helmet this evening, we just returned from a ride. We absolutely love the setup. VOX works as advertised, music cuts in half when talking, wind doesn't set it off. Radar comes through loud, AND most importantly, the radio volume sounds just as good at 75 mph as it does at idle; sound sensor automatically turns up the volume as it picks up the wind.

Also, made 1 phone call while doing 65, my buddy said I came in loud and clear, although my wife and I both thought he cut out a little.

Very much worth the money. Have owned riderlink and chatterbox tandem pro, which were both under $200 each setups for two people. Both turned out to be cheap, and not work like I wanted. Wished I would have purchased this AutoCom in the beginning, instead of having tried to nickle and dime it.

BTW, we purchased HJC Sy-Max2 helmets from Newenough the other week. Ordered on Saturday, accepted delivery on Tuesday, they are very nice. We both like them better the Arai's we used to own. Much quiter than other full face helmets I have worn. Color is a little darker than my '06AE. Might be a little closer the '08AE. Ordered one size smaller cheekpads for each, and that made them fit perfect.

Placed sensor on bottom of cheekpad, all the way forward. It is sitting in the breeze.

$422 for DUO set-up, 10 for radar cord, 46 for isolation adapter for radar, and 12 for shipping. Grand total of 490.00