Autocom-

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew231506

0 Posts Per Day
Reaction score
Hello again,

I'm looking to purchase the new autocom...all i want it for really is rider/passenger communication and possibly a radar detector in the future. do any of you have experience with the VOX system...I am looking at the easi plus now however it doesnt have the VOX. I assume it has the push to talk system...how is this system? The upgraded system has the VOX...just not sure if it worth it.

Finally install...is it difficult? did you get it done professionally?

Thanks!

Hello again,
I'm looking to purchase the new autocom...all i want it for really is rider/passenger communication and possibly a radar detector in the future. do any of you have experience with the VOX system...I am looking at the easi plus now however it doesnt have the VOX. I assume it has the push to talk system...how is this system? The upgraded system has the VOX...just not sure if it worth it.

Finally install...is it difficult? did you get it done professionally?

Thanks!
the PTT (push to talk) and the VOX..

well, the VOX is there to mute audio sources when you talk, or when you get a cell phone call. It isn't like a VOX on a radio that only keys the transmitter when you talk. You can set the VOX to a level where you talk through the music and when you elevate your voice the VOX will kick in so that you can talk without music.

I find it useful to be able to handsfree mute the iPod so Sherri and I can take care of navigation business and stuff. Getting the VOX set at the perfect level takes some experimentation, but once set up well for your voices, it's definitely nice to have.

All that, and I don't even have the Autocom, I have the Starcom

Call Keith Goudelock (pr. Godlock) at Tulsa Truck Center 918.446.2245

He is the master who will lead you to enlightenment, and cut you a deal at the same time.

I've had Autocoms for a couple of years. The system mutes the music or other sound source when one or the other speaks. My wife and I both find it annoying, as it mutes, and takes several seconds to come back. We've got it turned off, and just either speak over the music or mute it manually.

I've had Autocoms for a couple of years. The system mutes the music or other sound source when one or the other speaks. My wife and I both find it annoying, as it mutes, and takes several seconds to come back. We've got it turned off, and just either speak over the music or mute it manually.

This doesn't work well with the phone plugged in though. I have the Pro 7 and and an easy plus which is on my cruiser. Both do basically the same thing. I don't need intercom on the FJR

I have the Pro 7 and the Vox works very well. No difference if my phone is plugged in or not. Clear communication with your pillion at any time, music drops off by 40% while talking, if the cell rings, music mutes during conversation. Definately worth the extra dollars.