Autocom

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S76

Reaction score
Does anyone know?

I tried to purchase cables from their US distributor Link They are out of stock on what I needed and said they weren't getting any more. I was told they are dropping the Autocom line and that a new US distributor was going to be reappointed, and to call the UK.

I called the UK, they did answer the phone. The fellow told me to submit my order to them via website e-mail. I did, on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. No response.

Is it possible they are going out of business or have they historically been that bad with customer response? Something doesn't seem right here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know?
I tried to purchase cables from their US distributor Link They are out of stock on what I needed and said they weren't getting any more. I was told they are dropping the Autocom line and that a new US distributor was going to be reappointed, and to call the UK.

I called the UK, they did answer the phone. The fellow told me to submit my order to them via website e-mail. I did, on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. No response.

Is it possible they are going out of business or have they historically been that bad with customer response? Something doesn't seem right here.
have you tried your local BMW dealer?

R

That explains why they wouldn't deal with my warranty exchange and told me to go through England. I better get that thing swapped out pronto.

Found his number. I'll call in the AM and find out what's going on. Maybe it's just the way they do things.

Deffo not the way they normally do things. I have had very quick responses to both phone and email requests in the past.

Something must be going on...

Something must be going on...
Yeah, what's going on is I now have two GMRS radios I cannot connect to. Thing that gets me is I first called UK to ask if they had the right cables before I ordered the radios. They assured me they did, but now no response.

Maybe Keith can help in the AM.

I just checked out their websites.

Seems that the UK site has all the shiny new 2009 Autocom range on offer, and special pricing on some of the older gear.

The US distributor meanwhile, is still advertising the 2007 and earlier stuff, and has a lot of accessories listed as being out of stock. Most of the units are on special, suggesting they are trying to move them, either to make room for the 09 stuff, or perhaps, as was already mentioned, giving up the Autocom line.

Update:

I was about to call Keith at Tulsa Truck Center this morning when I received an email from "Richard" at Autocom. He said the response emails to me from Autocom were bounced back, and sent me confirmation via his personal email account.

OK, but why did I get the 2 Autocom computer generated auto responses saying someone would be in touch with me shortly? Those worked fine. I think they may have just been behind on responses.

Anyway, he says my stuff is on the way. :yahoo:

For anyone looking to connect a Midland GMRS to a Pro AVI you need a P/N 1457 PTT cables assy. and a P/N 1435 adapter cable for around $100 for the pair.

Autocomm and Starcom cable costs are absolutely outrageous. Hate to hear it's costing you so much $$$ to get Bike2Bike running. Glad Autocomm actually responded.

You won't believe how much B2B changes everything for two or more bikes. IMO it should be standard equipment (along with a RD of course!).

IMO it (B2B) should be standard equipment...
+1, and mandatory for organized group rides, between lead and sweep riders. Communication could save a life!
Hey, if it saves you from just one ticket, or from running over just one rock, or is used for "Help I've fallen and I can't get up!" just one time, it paid for itself.

So Jeff, you think I need an RD too? That will require another cable. I ain't going through that again!

I'll just follow you, no wait, that probably won't be possible. :unsure: