Autoswitch and Kissan modulating headlight

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorj111

Reaction score
I need some advice can I use an Autoswitch for aux lighting and use the autoswitch to turn lights on/off if I also have a modulating headlight ???? The modulating headlight works on the high beams......

thanks

You can use a modulator with an autoswitch, though perhaps NOT the Kissan.

The modulator is connected between the harness and the bulb - the autoswitch would be connected ahead of the modulator.

(I noticed that their web site says that 'modulators are fine, because they're connected to the low beam', which is wrong (they can be, but are generally intended for high beam operation) - in any case, the same issues would occur, because by flashing the high beams you interrupt power to the low beam.)

Because of the way you use the autoswitch (by flashing the high beams), the Kissan might think that you are trying to adjust the sensitivity, which is done in a similar way.

While the Kissan might not complain, if you buy a Comagination, which doesn't have the programming feature you are guaranteed to be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use a modulator with an autoswitch, though perhaps NOT the Kissan.
The modulator is connected between the harness and the bulb - the autoswitch would be connected ahead of the modulator.

(I noticed that their web site says that 'modulators are fine, because they're connected to the low beam', which is wrong (they can be, but are generally intended for high beam operation) - in any case, the same issues would occur, because by flashing the high beams you interrupt power to the low beam.)

Because of the way you use the autoswitch (by flashing the high beams), the Kissan might think that you are trying to adjust the sensitivity, which is done in a similar way.

While the Kissan might not complain, if you buy a Comagination, which doesn't have the programming feature you are guaranteed to be fine.
Thank you Bram....................

Bram.

Thanks for the info................