Aux Light Switch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onedriver

Reaction score
Looking for ideas on a switch for the pia 910 lights on the bike. I currently am using them with the high beams,and would like to find a switch that would hold up to the weather elements,as well as look good on the bike. Would like to see what others have done,and what they have used. Thanks

Uhh, are you sure you have enough amps to run both the 910s and hi beams together? Heck, enough amps to run the 910s with lo beams?

An Autoswitch is as stealthy and weather resistant as you can get. I am using the stock Piaa on/off switch mounted below my left grip.

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
I was planning on putting 3 switches on the left side upper fairing (blue piece) below the glove box, between the two attachment screws. (I think theres enough room under there, but I haven't really looked yet) I want a nicely finished install, so I was looking at something like this. (mentioned earlier in this thread). My use-case is

- momentary contact for garage door opener

- SPDT for aux lights (off, with-highbeam-only, always-on)

- SPDT for grip heaters (hi/low is probably sufficient, is adjustability of heat-troller really needed??)

They don't seem to have SPDT switches, though I could use a DPDT one (it says 'RED', I guess that means that a single light goes on reguardless of which "throw" is used).

Anyone find any other good looking switch panels?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I don't know about a " good looking " switch box but here's my setup anyway :D

I bolted the " C.U.N.T. " box to the unused mirror mount hole on the bars. The top two switches kill the power to each headlight. The switch on the side lights up the Hella driving lights. The stock Piaa switch below that operates the Piaa fog lamps. The nice thing about the location of the box is I can flip switches on and off without taking my hand off of the grips. B)

IMG_0126.jpg

I have something similar to the switches posted, but I chose the unlighted three-way version instead. I also didn't install the "bezel plate", as I was trying to keep the install as clean and small as possible. This is a marine switch and was bought at Boater's World for around $9. It's gotten PLENTY wet and has had no problems. Sorry about hte picture quality... my camera phone sux.

IMAGE_071.jpg