Auxilliary Fuel Cell Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Looking a little ahead, and assuming I do get the cell hooked up, :rolleyes: I have been looking at options for

covering it. Custom tank bags by Linda T is my current solution. Who out there has one? What is your

opinion of it? Suggested options?.... I am considering solving the hydration puzzle with the cover.

The "Water bottle holder" comes with a gallon or 1/2 gallon size. Would this put too much stress on

the cover. Pocket suggestions for rallies? Any input or advice would be greatly welcomed, including other

options or alternate solutions. Thanks.....

Last edited by a moderator:
What type, and shape of fuel cell are we talking about? The shape of the cell will determine how effective a cover with pockets and other items might be.

All of your questions are answered here:

How to get LindaT to make you a God-like Aux Fuel Cell cover

front_right.jpg

front_left.jpg

D-rings.jpg

One thing I would add is that I like the idea of having whoever makes the cover put a red cross on a pocket if you are going to keep a first aid kit in it. It might help someone who is responding to a crash find the things they need. If I have Lind make a caver for my TAT cell, I am going to have her do that for my cover.

What type, and shape of fuel cell are we talking about? The shape of the cell will determine how effective a cover with pockets and other items might be.
Shown here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=134135

WC's photos just convinced me to go with Linda T's..... Sweet!

Now to customize one of my own(?)

My waterbottle would need to be on the side- as I want to run the top case and I only have 2 inchs of clearance

in the back.

It looks like you have the same cell as Iggy, or at least it is very close. Here are some pictures of his cover from Linda:

100_0697.jpg

100_0699.jpg

100_0701.jpg

No doubt LindaT is the way to go. I can't imagine another--unless I were a seamstress with mad skillz myself. I use mine to store a first aid kit (concur on the red cross thingy), seat cover, bike cover, and windex bottle, and a couple easy-to-reach McGyver things. Pics are at the usual FJR picture pile.

Yup, and as I recall he modified it himself from a car seat cover. I think just before the 2007 IBR, but I could be wrong.

Warchild's aux tank install is very slick. Can you cross a border - say into Canada and back - with one of those things? Just what a bored custom official needs to perk up his/her day. :unsure:

pete

I sure as hell would think there are no problems with borders, since the IBR sends rider up into Canada on a regular basis.

Oh please no!!!

Tell me that's not Iggy's bike with the Pakistani Cabby's seatcover!!!

100_0697.jpg

:nono: :nono: :nono:
I have to say that I have the same exact one , compliments of Walmart. Cut down to cover BOTH

seats, used fishing line to "Customize it". After received so much crap about it from others...

I promptly hung it up.........

and spray painted it black! Looks fine now! For a fraction of the cost

of a BR. AND They do make a difference on LD rides. :rolleyes:

...... But your humor is greatly enjoyed... :p