Avon Storm life report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
Just got back from SFO. Front and rear put on at the same time. The rear is toast at 4,800 miles. all the way through the wear bar no center tread left. Cords are next. Flat from the ride back 500 there and 500 back approx 370 miles a day there. I run 41lbs psi an am slightly/moderatly aggressive in riding style.

The front is 50 % or so with 39 psi as the norm.

Just got back from SFO. Front and rear put on at the same time. The rear is toast at 4,800 miles. all the way through the wear bar no center tread left. Cords are next. Flat from the ride back 500 there and 500 back approx 370 miles a day there. I run 41lbs psi an am slightly/moderatly aggressive in riding style.
The front is 50 % or so with 39 psi as the norm.
I've noticed on this board that different people get different mileage out of the same brand tire. Probably due to different roads or riding styles or whatever. Can you tell us what you normally get out of a rear for comparison shopping?

Thanks

I think you're confirming what I was already suspecting about the difference in tread life between the Azaro and Storm. More grip = wear out faster.

I can't think of a better way to waste rubber though. :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
Showing cords on the Metz Z-6 at 6300
But, don't you think you may ride a little more aggressively now, than for the first couple a thou on those metz's? I bet you wouldn't get 6300 out of another set. I mean, you rode more like an adult when you first got the bike and now, more squidly.

Showing cords on the Metz Z-6 at 6300
But, don't you think you may ride a little more aggressively now, than for the first couple a thou on those metz's? I bet you wouldn't get 6300 out of another set. I mean, you rode more like an adult when you first got the bike and now, more squidly.
There is a bit-o-truth to that. Actually, I was trying to ride squid-like, just not doing it so well :rolleyes:

I'm still on target for 6,500 miles on the rear storm. Exact same as the Azaros I ran. Nowhere near the 8 - 9,000 I was getting from the PR's. But I still love my dead stable, grippy, smooth-quick turn-in, lightly weighted Storms. THEY ROCK!

:****:

I can't think of a better way to waste rubber though. :dribble:
Well, I used to know of at least ONE better way to waste rubber. :)
Please keep your sheep and wellington boot encounters to yourself. :lol:
Notice were your mind went straight away :derisive: .....is there something your not saying that you wanted to share there skyway :lol: ..... :rolleyes: ......
You got me, I thought this was the only other thing worth doing with rubber. :D Unless you have something else worth while between a sheep and a motorcycle tire? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dam that aint much 4800????hmmmmm
Jd
1500 more than I have gotten out of any tire on the FJR. That's why I'm changing my own now. I will have a No-Mar w/in 2 months. The HF isn't going to make it through to many more changes.
Hey, I want first dibs on the old HF if you are gonna get shed of it.

Just got back from a ride through Arkansas, Taos, NM, Devil's Hwy, AZ, Mexican Hat, UT, Vegas, El Paso, and home to Bryan, TX. I get 6,000 to 6,500 on Pilot Roads. Left the Storms in Vegas at less than 3000. Rear was down to the wear bar on one side, and I don't do "maybe" tires any more. Especially through the desert in AZ and TX. Front was fine, but so what?

Have had good luck with the Azaro's, MEZ4's, and the Roads. The Roads have never let me down, and I'm going back to them.

LGFT