awkward Shift lever Angle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric W

Reaction score
Does any one make an adjustable, or differant style shift lever for an 08 F.J.R. I find my boot to lever angle somewhat awkward and wish the the actual elevation of the lever was somewhat higher ( Maybe 3/4 in ) or the elevation of the peg lower. On the older bikes ive owned it was a matter of pulling the shifter off and locating it elsewhere on the splined shaft, according to my service manual it dosent look quite that easy on this machine. I cant seem to locate much info on an internet search and any info would be appreciated! Thanks Eric

Yes, Yamaha makes one and equips every FJR with it as standard equipment. :)

The shaft linking the lever to the transmission has a turnbuckle-style adjustment that makes it longer or shorter, to raise or lower the foot lever. 8mm wrenches to release the locknuts, and spin the middle section. You can see the lever move as you turn the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's adjustable, you know?
Thanks for the Clarification, The Manual is pretty specific about alignment procedures, Center of shaft to specific bolts on side covers etc, I thought it might impact the overall operation of the tranny if i changed it.