Axio bag mounted as smuggler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusorelius

Reaction score
I keep a insulated jug gallon of water in it (Az is one hot freekin place!) Sturdy enough to mount a tailbag on it (just got back from a trip with this setup)

3539585210_812703f68b.jpg

3539586566_831647cc18.jpg

3537565642_097df49bea.jpg

I agree with the posts above. I'd like to see some closer pics, and how you mounted it. I LIKE it. Thanks for posting the teasers.

Well, credit card cycles on the 15th. Good to go.

Curious too about how you mounted it. Web site appears to show it strapped to the seat. Like your look better. Also, after seeing the silver on your '04, would you give any thought to the carbon instead?

Yep it is a stock seat, the silver is a close match to the light silver parts, not sure how waterproof it is, but should be fine, is a tight fit, a little long but the lid is flexable and can be opened no problem ( a little bit difficult to zip up the end but it can be done) I'm happy with it!

Yep it is a stock seat, the silver is a close match to the light silver parts, not sure how waterproof it is, but should be fine[...]
I have one of these on my '06 AE (strapped to the seat, but whatever). Yeah, the silver's a pretty close match. I was going to see about having Gaurald spray it to match the Cerulean Silver, but it ended up matching the light silver trim well enough for my tastes.

Waterproof: No. Not a bit. I had a handful of mail tossed in mine while I was at work - it rained and the fabric lowers on the bag wicked the water right on through. I've since treated the bag HEAVILY with some Nikwax tent & gear silicone waterproofing spray - three applications' worth. This seems to have done the trick, since it's been rained on a few more times and the random scraps of paper that end up in it don't seem to have suffered much.

Yep it is a stock seat, the silver is a close match to the light silver parts, not sure how waterproof it is, but should be fine[...]
I have one of these on my '06 AE (strapped to the seat, but whatever). Yeah, the silver's a pretty close match. I was going to see about having Gaurald spray it to match the Cerulean Silver, but it ended up matching the light silver trim well enough for my tastes.

Waterproof: No. Not a bit. I had a handful of mail tossed in mine while I was at work - it rained and the fabric lowers on the bag wicked the water right on through. I've since treated the bag HEAVILY with some Nikwax tent & gear silicone waterproofing spray - three applications' worth. This seems to have done the trick, since it's been rained on a few more times and the random scraps of paper that end up in it don't seem to have suffered much.
Yhea I thought the fabric might soak in the water, not a big deal to me as I will mostly be carring water in it and it don't rain much here, But good to know and the waterproofing spray is a good idea!