Axio Hardpak Tank Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViperDriver

Reaction score
I have to carry a company computer to/from work and am considering the Axio hardshell tank bag. They're pricey, but it looks like it would be a good solution for my problem. My concern is whether it will fit on the FJR tank--it's 17"L, 14"W, and 8"H. I'm pretty sure the 14" width would intefere with the bars but I thought I'd ask if anyone has tried or seen one on a Feejer.

It doesn't look big enough to carry my laptop in it. I don't see any dimensions mentioned in the write-up, but I see that you got them from somewhere. Not sure why a hard tank bag would be any better than a sort one for carrying a laptop, it's really just a matter of finding one big enough and maybe putting something soft under the laptop to cushion it. It will probably interfere with your bats at full lock and that's where a soft bag might be better.

Last edited by a moderator:
How bout a bumpity bump for this thread? I'm in the needing category of a new tankbag. My El Cheapo $25 Dowco has served well for the price and the 3 years she has lasted me, but I'm looking for something more durable. Any ides/suggestion/comments?

Edit: WOW! Did not realize this thread was from 2006! holy crap! Anywho...anyone tries these yet/have one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one that I bought for my '06 AE model, it is silver. It will hold a Dell D620 Laptop and more especially when it expands. It has a slim map pouch, a rain cover, a strap that wraps around the steering stem then clips back to the bag to keep it from slipping back. The magnets hold it really solid in place and it doesn't get in the way too much. One issue I did have on my AE was that when I was moving the bike in a parking area, the bag would bump up against my electric shift switch turning it off. First couple of times it got me, then I made sure I looked before trying to shift.

I used this bag for about 3 months then bought my Givi trunk and stopped using it altogether. It has a couple of abrasions on it from bumping against walls. I was going to post it up for sale but have not gotten around to it yet. I paid $135.00 for it new about 5 months ago. I was going to ask $90.00 for it. 3% more if purchased through PayPal and I will ship it anywhere in the Continental US. If you need some pics, I will take some and post them up.