"Back Off" from signaldynamics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EasyRider

Reaction score
I did a search of the FJR forum through Google. I searched with "Back off", "Back off brake hold" and "signaldynamics"

I did find stuff for Back off and signaldynamics but did not get what I'm looking for.

I was searching for info on the signaldynamics "Back off Brake hold". It holds the brake light on after you let go of the brake levers and only shuts off the brake light after you speed up again. It also dose the regular "Back Off" blinking thing also for the brake light. It also keeps the brake light on after stopping and letting go of the brakes, but turns of the light off after the bike starts up again.

It taps into the wire for the speedometer. But only if the speedometer is electronic and not cable driven.

Dose any one know it the 07 FJR speedometer is electronic or cable driven. And if it is, has anyone here used the "Back off Break hold" module and hooked into the speedometer?

I use engine braking a lot to slow the bike and consequently don't give enough warning of my stops or slow downs to those following me. I don't like having to fiddle with the brakes in an irregular fashion un-conducive to what is needed for or leading up to a turn.

The "Back off Brake Hold" module looks like it would help me out with making people back off.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no speedo cable, it's electronic off a speed sensor.

The unit you speak of looks great. Good luck keeping people off your tail!

That's a whole other topic!

Thanks for the reply, I was just looking at the instructions on the Signal Dynamics site. It says the speed sensor is coming off the trany on most bikes. Have you seen it on the FJR. I'll have to try to find it tonight after work. I'm waiting for the Back off module to come in the mail now.

I'm also putting in a Kisan SM3 turn signal flasher that will cancel my turn signals. It has a brake light wire tap that will be installed inline before the Signal Dynamics "Back Off Brake hold" module. It also gives a quick flash sequence of the rear turn signals when I hit the brakes. But the turn signals only hold bright as brake lights wile I am holding the brake levers and don't flash after the initial flash sequence.

Some people do back off when I flash the lights, but I don't like having to fiddle with the brake levers when I don't need the brakes. These two modifications should do a good job for me so I don't have to play Mr. Flasher with the brake levers wile riding the bike.

Thanks for the reply, I was just looking at the instructions on the Signal Dynamics site. It says the speed sensor is coming off the trany on most bikes. Have you seen it on the FJR. I'll have to try to find it tonight after work. I'm waiting for the Back off module to come in the mail now.

I'm also putting in a Kisan SM3 turn signal flasher that will cancel my turn signals. It has a brake light wire tap that will be installed inline before the Signal Dynamics "Back Off Brake hold" module. It also gives a quick flash sequence of the rear turn signals when I hit the brakes. But the turn signals only hold bright as brake lights wile I am holding the brake levers and don't flash after the initial flash sequence.

Some people do back off when I flash the lights, but I don't like having to fiddle with the brake levers when I don't need the brakes. These two modifications should do a good job for me so I don't have to play Mr. Flasher with the brake levers wile riding the bike.
Being into gadgets and gizmos myself, I can relate when a product comes along that can do some pretty cool things like the one you are looking for, but it is a good idea to flash your brake lights whenever you slow your speed, even if it just relasing the throttle, to give those lurking behind you notice.

Latest posts