Backrest for the top case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barefootbob

Reaction score
I've been looking around for a backrest pad for my top case on our 07, I found some backrest's for a Givi case but not sure they will fit my case. This is my bike, I believe these are the stock cases for the bike, not sure so that's why I'm posting a pic.

DSC02999.jpg

Yamaha sells a backrest for your top case. However, my full size (+, +, umm +) pillion didn't want the backrest because it would push her to far forward. She says that the back protector in her coat actually makes the trunk comfortable.

Yamaha sells a backrest for your top case. However, my full size (+, +, umm +) pillion didn't want the backrest because it would push her to far forward. She says that the back protector in her coat actually makes the trunk comfortable.
My experience as well. Both my scoots have bare trunks as the backrest takes away pillion room. Armor in the jackets works just fine.

Good luck!

--G

We had that problem with the V-Strom, we couldn't put a pad on the trunk but then the trunk would hit my wife in the back on every bump, she hatted it but this bike has much more room.Thanks for the links

Bob

The problem with putting the back pad on the trunk is she will be constantly be leaning up against it. Eventually the diecast aluminum sub frame will fail from the constant loading and unloading. There are only 3 bolts holding the thing on the bike, and they're spaced closely and way to the rear.

I don't ride with a passenger, however when I load my camping equipment on the rear seat, my back armor in the 'Stitch comes in handy when I lean back. If her jacket can be fitted for one, that would be the way to go.

By the way, nice '07 you have there. Consider installing sliders for tip over protection for the body work.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator: