Backrest wanted... suggestions too.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZ Greg

Reaction score
Bought an '03 yesterday and the wife says first a backrest, then she rides.... It has a stock seat and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon, so an integrated backrest/seat combo probably isn't in the cards right now.

Any suggestions on what to buy are appreciated. If you have one to sell, please reply or better yet give a call on my cell since we're on vacation in SoCal and not online all day long like normal. Thanks ! Greg Porter 602-571-1674

Bought an '03 yesterday and the wife says first a backrest, then she rides.... It has a stock seat and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon, so an integrated backrest/seat combo probably isn't in the cards right now.
Any suggestions on what to buy are appreciated. If you have one to sell, please reply or better yet give a call on my cell since we're on vacation in SoCal and not online all day long like normal. Thanks ! Greg Porter 602-571-1674
I have just bought an 08 with a backrest made by a member of the forum (garauld). If you do a search or send an email to this forum member you will find he custom makes a few different versions. I am extremely pleased with mine and with the quality and craftsmanship. Don't blame the wify for saying no till you get a backrest. I know if I didn't have one I may have lost my other half a couple of times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get an audi....and keep posting yer phoneNMB.....I'm gettin a hold of my spammer as we speak. She has all kinds of crap to sell ya....

I have just bought an 08 with a backrest made by a member of the forum (garauld). If you do a search or send an email to this forum member you will find he custom makes a few different versions. I am extremely pleased with mine and with the quality and craftsmanship. Don't blame the wify for saying no till you get a backrest. I know if I didn't have one I may have lost my other half a couple of times.

Another vote for Garauld. My wife and I just did 300 miles today and she loves it. I use the rack to tie down a little cooler since it was about 104 today.

102_3291.jpg

100_3219.jpg

Nice set up. Glad Mrs. ynotride is enjoying the miles too. :yahoo:
This was her first ride longer then an hour and she really liked having the backrest. Now I'm working on convincing her how much better it would be if we had communication set ups :yahoo:

Sorry for the hijack AZ Greg. How long are you in town? I do not live far from Newport and can come show you around one evening if you can sneak away????

I got the one from premier as well. GF loves it.

Even though she rides her own, first thing she does when she comes over is check the feej to ensure the backrest is installed.

I've got a Garauld backrest in '05 blue that I'd be willing to sell you. I bought it on a whim from another member, and decided against using it.

PM me if interested. I forget what I paid for it, but I'll pass it on for $60 + shipping

<<<<<BACKREST SOLD TO AZGREG>>>>>>

Last edited by a moderator: