Bad Crash

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bet ya once his rear tire moved he looked down trying to straighten it out.

It didn't appear to be that fast and he wasn't even leaned over??????

maybe a patch of sand?

At least he stayed on the bridge!

And one of the hardest things to remember: Don't put your feet down!

This was posted once before also. I think the other post stated he had hit gravel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw....touchy point. Distraction....much like your avatar. My theory..."he looked down after he felt his ass move and saw mira sorvino's ass jiggling on his gas tank". He then downshifted to compensate and speed up and met Mr. Sorvino.

Altho Odot's theory has merit, It looks like he downshifted causing the rear end to step out, scared himself, target fixation and Bingo

He was showing off for the camera, looks like he might have downshifted (to pull away from the camera for effect), a minor disturbance in the bike, then he target fixated on the wall instead of looking where he wanted to go.

One other thing that might have happened was the rear tire went flat. Having had a rear tire go on me in a curve, I can vouch that the bike would react much like the one in the video did. It's not an easy recovery when you're in a turn ...let me tell yah.

Yep that hurt, had a custom paint job too! Hope he was okay as well.

Heck of a stunt if we see it in an upcoming bond movie etc

Altho Odot's theory has merit, It looks like he downshifted causing the rear end to step out, scared himself, target fixation and Bingo
You got it right Bearly. Totally avoidable. Although on the original on youtube it said he was in gravel. He was lucky in a way - could have fedexed himself over the parapit and tried out his aero form!