Baehr Motorcycle Communication Systems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murph

Reaction score
Just when I thought I was ready to order a Starcom, I come across Baehr Motorcycle Communication Systems. I am looking at the Blackline series Active model.

My primary goal (at least for now) is Rider-to-Passenger intercom, however I am interested in audio and bluetooth capability in the future.

Does anyone have enough experience with Baehr to speak to the differences (or advantages, etc) between Baehr and Starcom? I have seen Baehr mentioned in other posts but I have yet to see a review from someone with first-hand knowledge of their products. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Keith Goudelock (pr. Godlock) at Tulsa Truck Center (918.446.2245) has tried them all. He sells Autocom, because he said he has tried just about everything out there. You might give him a call. He doesn't mind giving free advice.

I've tried Softline, which is almost as expensive as Baehr, and almost threw it into the Pacific Ocean in a fit of rage after the first 160 miles of two-up experience. YMMV

Love my Autocom, two years plus. Recently had an issue with the primary output cord making crackling noises. Called Keith, and Autocom shipped me a new cord, no questions asked, two years after I bought it.

If I read the specs correctly, you can connect a music player and one priority device, one of cell phone, gps, radar detector, or 2-way radio. Needs more inputs.

To get something comparable to a Starcomm Advance you would need this:

Baehr Verso XL

Pricey IMO at $695 plus any extra cables.

Biggest advantage I see with the Baehr system is they recognize when the passenger headset is not attached and do not mute the music when I sing. With my singing, it should work just the opposite and raise the music level to help drown out my voice. Starcomm does that!

:)

Sorry, you were asking for experience with the product, not opinions on it.

Last edited by a moderator: