Bag Racing Stripe Poll

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked Webby

Right is Harder than Wrong.
Reaction score
Hello All,

1st I would like to thank OHFJR for the great products he offers for our FJR's. One of the products I have purchased is his racing stripe. I put his silver race stripe on my 2007. It looks awesome. I am currently considering his new matching stripe kit for the rear bags. I would like as many opinions as I can get(Please if you view the pics on this post give me your honest input). I am going to post 3 pics of a 06 Fjr. One is of OHFJR's stock product. The second is again of OHFJR's product(only half of it). The third is a photo cropped edit of OHFJR's product. Maybe he can produce this one if a lot of us like it??? Also a Fourth vote for NO Graphics on the Bags.

Well hope these pics work.....

OHFJR's stock product:

fjr062stripe.jpg

OHFJR's product(only half of it):

fjr061stripe.jpg

Photo cropped edit of OHFJR's product:

fjr062stripeedited.jpg

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK. WHICH ONE LOOKS BEST TO YOU....1...2...3...or.....4 for no bag graphics...????

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
#4.

I think the bike looks great with the front stripes, but the rear stripes are just clutter IMO. It just doesn't 'flow' for me :huh:

YA,

SORRY GUYS FORGOT TO ADD THE #4 (FOR NONE). THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT SO FAR... I KNOW GRAPHICS ARE A VERY PERSONAL PREFERENCE AND THAT IS WHY I AM POLLING. I WILL EDIT IN THE FOURTH OPTION.

I pick #5. That's where you don't even put the stripes up front. I like the lines of the bike just fine with no stickerage...

The new vintage needs a little help up front. Go with just the fairing, scrap the bags.

--G

YA,SORRY GUYS FORGOT TO ADD THE #4 (FOR NONE). THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT SO FAR... I KNOW GRAPHICS ARE A VERY PERSONAL PREFERENCE AND THAT IS WHY I AM POLLING. I WILL EDIT IN THE FOURTH OPTION.
I am new to the forum(see post count), but I have already put the fairing stripes(from PCA) and the reflective bag decals from Alex on my 2 month old '07. Let me say that not only do I like them, I have yet to get a negative comment from anyone. Also, the guys in the parts department and the salesmen at the dealership formed a circle around my bike yesterday when I stopped in after work to pick up oil and a filter(2600 miles).

So, my vote goes for the fairing stripes and then give Alex a holler!

YA,SORRY GUYS FORGOT TO ADD THE #4 (FOR NONE). THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT SO FAR... I KNOW GRAPHICS ARE A VERY PERSONAL PREFERENCE AND THAT IS WHY I AM POLLING. I WILL EDIT IN THE FOURTH OPTION.
I am new to the forum(see post count), but I have already put the fairing stripes(from PCA) and the reflective bag decals from Alex on my 2 month old '07. Let me say that not only do I like them, I have yet to get a negative comment from anyone. Also, the guys in the parts department and the salesmen at the dealership formed a circle around my bike yesterday when I stopped in after work to pick up oil and a filter(2600 miles).

So, my vote goes for the fairing stripes and then give Alex a holler!
I think you're confused a bit. The #4 option is for the front stripes without the side decals on the saddle bags. I also have Alex's reflective decals for the rear of my bags, and a set of OHFJR's side racing stripes for my '07 (both pending the return of my bike for install). The poll is in reguards to the saddle bag side decals only B)

Got the Racing stripes on my 07. Love them. Don't care for the bag stripes. Getting way to busy.

Leave the bags alone.

I agree the bag stripes are to much, but if I had scratches to cover or needed to lite up bike for nite driving,,,,, #3 would be my pick, carrys thru with the dimentions of the front stripes

#5. Stripes on the forward panels, except black ones on the black cherry,

and clear or none on the bags.

I like the stripes on the fairing...not as much on the bags - clutter effect.

However, the upper edge of the top stripe on the bag looks like a "mistake" even though it may not be. It is not parallel or coincident with the line emanating from the fairing. Therefore, it clashes with and takes away from that clean line.

Then what do I know, I'm a structural engineer...not a fashion designer. Then again...I don't think my eyes are lying. Plus, I typed it out here, therefore it's on the internet, therefore it MUST be authoritative and true. :)

#4.....as a personal preference, if I saw it for sale, I would wonder if the bags were aftermarket from a distance

I like the uniqueness of the added detail if saw it speeding by.

just my 2 cents....most opinions are worth that much or less.

--Joe

Thanks for all your input so far. Bowhunter can you post up how Alex's looks with OHFJR's front stripe(same material?). I did mean for you all to judge this with the idea of the front stripe on.

Thanks Riders!!!!

I'll throw my two cents in since I designed them. As shocking as it may seem, I'm not crazy about the stripes on the sidebag either. We never planned on making these, except we had several members ask for them so we thought there maybe some interest. I agree that it is just to busy and two much silver on the bike for my personal taste. Thanks for the opinions!

I'll throw my two cents in since I designed them. As shocking as it may seem, I'm not crazy about the stripes on the sidebag either. We never planned on making these, except we had several members ask for them so we thought there maybe some interest. I agree that it is just to busy and two much silver on the bike for my personal taste. Thanks for the opinions!

Hey OHFJR,

I like your stripe. I like the fact that you put FJR on the top. If I was to get a set(your current product) I would probably just put on the top portion. To each his/her own on style you know BUT I applaud you for giving us FJR owners these options. Most of my riding co-warts and fellow FJR owners I ride with in MN like the single upper stripe version or the #3 version. I really do like the #3.....How hard would it be for you to do me a custom one up like that??? And what would the cost be? PM me if you would consider this....If not no worries. Most important........KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING AND RIDE SAFE.

WW

Latest posts