Bagster Tank Cover for the 2014 Red FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks sharp!

Love the Bagster setup on mine!!
bike.gif

That looks fantastic. I first saw a bagster tank cover many moons ago on a Hyabusa. I fell in love with the concept, have one on my 08 FJR.

My bike is black, so cover and tank bag is black. For your red bike, you don't get a colored tank bag, do you???

I'm not 100% sure about what I'm about to say, but I believe this is correct. Bagster only allows very few (maybe only 1 in the US) distributors of their products. I got my tank bag fairly quickly when I placed my order, but it took MONTHS to get the bra. May have even been 6. And it's a French company, so for me, that explains everything.

Bike looks terrific with the bagster on, congratulations!

Ordered the Bagster from here- https://www.real-rider.com/bagster/ They're in Illinois. Received the cover within 4 weeks time.

Bagster has several tank bags, mostly in black, and I found some "Bagster Alternative" bags on eBay in colors but my concern with the bags is fitment on the bike once I install the MV Motoradd riser plate.

Thinking of going with a tank ring-mounted bag like the Bag Connections or GIVI.

Who did you order your Bagster through, as I also am going to go that route? Never mind I see it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! That looks great! I had a Bagster setup on two different bikes, and loved it on both. It's top-shelf stuff, for sure.

I debated doing the same on my '14, but I've since accumulated a couple of the tankring-style bags from SW Motech, and thought I'd better just stay with them. But, man, yours makes me question my decision. It IS possible to use both, after all... What a great-looking cover!

Edit: just saw your post about maybe using a tankring-style setup. They're fantastic, and super handy. One thing I did find - and this was with SW Motech's old-style of tankring, on a BMW GS - the bag can be tough to snap down onto the ring using the Bagster with it. I ended up shimming up the ring somehow that I don't quite recall (small washers under the tank bolts, maybe?) which solved the issue on that particular setup.

Lastly, with the MV riser plate, the "City" bag works well. Midsize bag, but it has a narrow-enough front that the bars just touch it at full lock, but don't impinge movement.

Last edited by a moderator: