Bagster Tankbags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogan

Reaction score
I currently have the city bag (fairly small) and the Medea (large). Neither seem quite right for touring. The Medea is too big. It hits me in the crotch and constricts my handlebars. The city is too small, but is nice for around town as the name suggests.

Bagster just released a new smaller version of the Medea bag and I just put in my order. I'm a big fan of the bagster system and the simplicity of clipping the bag to the tank bra.

I'll post a review as soon as I receive it.

The Medea is too big. It hits me in the crotch and constricts my handlebars.
Might I suggest a visit to Jenny Craig? ;)

:lol:

Have you tried the Tektra? It's big, but has no interference issues outside of a couple of horn toots at full left bar lock.

Edit: Never mind. I didn't realize that they changed their entire line-up of designs. That Medea thing is HUGE! You may wanna contact bikejohnny.com to see which offers a compromise in size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant wait to see pics of this. :)
Her are some picture of the color matched Tank bag and bra and also my seat cover from bagster.. They have a awsome set up. Also in these pictures tankl bag is zipped down and will open up alot more. I keep Autocom unit, Camera, 3 way cig plug, and Battery charge for Video camera and othe things like I pod and Cell Charger. Bag has complete quick disconect and wire diconection on it. Bagster Rocks, Although blue Tektra Bag has been discotinuned.. All bagster tank bags will mount up to ther tank bra systems.

DSCF0001-1.jpg

DSCF0003-3.jpg

DSCF0004-4.jpg

DSCF0002-1.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0005-1.jpg

JDog

Great pics JDOG...

Keep in mind that bagster makes lots of tank bags and NOT all of them are made for their bra clip system. Some are magnetic bags, etc. Lousy pics and size stats are available for their lineup at the website. CIMA Int'l is their US distributor. They stock nothing. It takes about 3 weeks for direct shipment. Here's a pic of the minea, the newone I ordered.

https://www.bagster.com/en/moto/showroomview.php?id=67

The website is pretty crappy. Although you can search bag types for your bike, that portion of the site is not updated regularly.

How are their prices? That Free Trade EU VAT is B.S. at Bike Johnny.

Great pics JDOG...
Keep in mind that bagster makes lots of tank bags and NOT all of them are made for their bra clip system. Some are magnetic bags, etc. Lousy pics and size stats are available for their lineup at the website. CIMA Int'l is their US distributor. They stock nothing. It takes about 3 weeks for direct shipment. Here's a pic of the minea, the newone I ordered.

The website is pretty crappy. Although you can search bag types for your bike, that portion of the site is not updated regularly.

Only buy Bagster from bikejohnny.com. Great service, prices are in line.

Prices are okay. $125 plus $10 S&H for the MINEA. All the bagster bags are much less expensive than the Marsee bags which are my favorite for non-bra-clip type bags.

Great pics JDOG...

Only buy Bagster from bikejohnny.com. Great service, prices are in line.
I'll check them out. I bought other stuff from them eons ago. A good experience.

Just did a quick check at Bike Johnny. They don't list the Minea on their website yet, but I saw they carry Frey/Daytona boots. I recently bought a pair from Helimot and it was more than 20% cheaper than BikeJohnny. Work a check before buying...

Bike Johnny wants $175 delivered to the midwest for the Medea bag. But they said no VAT - just ~$45 in shipping.

I couldn't find the bag you referenced on their site.

Bike Johnny wants $175 delivered to the midwest for the Medea bag. But they said no VAT - just ~$45 in shipping.I couldn't find the bag you referenced on their site.

It's there. See the link.

https://www.bagster.com/en/moto/showroomview.php?id=64

If you want pricing though, you'll have to call or email their rep:

Firm CIMA INTERNATIONAL

Address 399 WALL STREET, UNIT L

IL 60139 GLENDALE HEIGHTS

United States of America

Phone +1.630-671-9710

Fax +1.630-671-9701

E-mail [email protected]

Has anyone looked at Luggage Locker? I had one for my Busa. Insurance took the bike and bag when I totaled the bike. Service was great. This is a direct order company, so you won't find any other dealers with this product. I'm ordering a new setup for my FJR. I like the fact that the bag locks to the tank, and doesn't sit on the paint. The base and bag zip together very securely. The base and bag release with a key, and twist the base a few degrees.