Bagster TEKTRA Tank Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky3008

Finally got my collarbone fixed!!!
Reaction score
Picked it up at the Post Office and road in with it.

First impressions are that with it zipped up in its compressed state it is a good size for carrying my change of clothes to work each day.

Unzipped it is suppose to be able to carry a full face helmet which I had intended to use it to carry my daughters helmet in to pick her up on Fridays but she usually brings 2 bags of stuff with her so that might not work out.

Riding the bike on the road it is not in the way but I do a tight turn almost a 360 with the handlebars at their stops in my parking garage. At this point it is hitting the bag and a little irritating but I may be able to loosen the front so it moves back a little or else I will get use to it.

All in all the bag seems to be of very high quality even though it is a bit expensive.

£ 96.19 UK... The Dark Blue is a nice color also.

I have been meaning to take some more pics of my bike and of my Ram truck for the diesel forum.

I will try to get them tonight if it isn't too dark when I get home but definitely by morning...

TWN has the same and somewhere on this huge forum are pics of it and where I got the desire for this setup.

www.bikejohnny.com has internet pics but they don't do them justice. If I only had those pics to go by without TWN I wouldn't have bought them. BikeJohnny should get some actual shots of their stuff on bikes with a decent camara...

I have a bagster bra on my bike and love it, but have not sprung for the tank bag. They looked like cheesy vinyl on the website. I love the Marsee I use on my other bike but it's base is incompatable with a non-BMW bike.

Curious about your impressions....Obvious advantage of the bagster is the clip-in compatability with the bra.

In short, this was my first tank bag. Didn't think I'd care for it. Now, I never ride without it. And, with my fumbling fingers always dropping tools and stuff the tank cover has paid for itself 10 fold in averted tank resprays. I will say that this bag, when fully deployed is HUGE!

IMG_0729a.jpg

The vinyl is the same as used on the tank cover. The isinglass is the same caliber that Sunbrella uses on their boat canvas systems. Don't wait. Buy one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bagster bra on my bike and love it, but have not sprung for the tank bag. They looked like cheesy vinyl on the website. I love the Marsee I use on my other bike but it's base is incompatable with a non-BMW bike.
Curious about your impressions....Obvious advantage of the bagster is the clip-in compatability with the bra.
Like TWN said material is the same as the tank cover and the website pics for bagster suck. Quality is definitely not going to be an issue, top notch.