Bar end on E Bay. Anyone tried them?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irq77

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat. I searched for "american24" and came up with zilch.

Ebay link

I found these bar ends on E-Bay. I think the look decent, but havn't seen any posts with a critique. From the pictures I think they would look good on my 06 as they seem like a good match for my Skyway sliders.

Comments or pictures installed would be greatly appreciated!!

My Skyway sliders are aluminum but IMHO getting aluminum bar-ends would be a mistake. The bar-ends need to be very heavy to help with vibration. I have some of the heaviest ones made. They are from Manic Salamander and are stainless steel and look good with the sliders.

My Skyway sliders are aluminum but IMHO getting aluminum bar-ends would be a mistake. The bar-ends need to be very heavy to help with vibration. I have some of the heaviest ones made. They are from Manic Salamander and are stainless steel and look good with the sliders.
I checked out the ends at Manic Salamander and I don't really care for the shape/styling. I agree aluminum isn't heavy enough, but I like the style of the E Bay type I posted above.

Does anyone know of a steel end with similar styling to the E bay bar ends?

Nice bar ends, but not much practical use. IMHO bar ends, even steel, are just bling. I don't think they do much but cap the ends of the bars. So if you want pretty ends of color, go for the eBay bar ends. YMMV.

Pretty funny that that ebay store is "American24", but the guy selling them is located in Japan. :lol:

Keep it in the family and score some awesome Top Gun bar end weights from FJRGoodies.com! They came out with the originals way back in 2003... each is 15.5 ounces of polished stainless steel:

fjr_end_weight_LG.jpg

They now carry a 2nd generation version with embossed cosmetic lines :

2ndGenLG.jpg

Bar ends are nice if you're looking to dress up your bike. They're useless, in my experience, in mitigating any bar vibes. I've had four sets of the things ( currently have them because of the Throttlemeister set-up ) and none of them have an appreciable effect on the vibration issue. While some people say they notice an improvement, the great majority who have tried them find them to be ineffective.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some great looking bar ends contact JARMO who is occasionally on this board. He makes a set very similar to the ones with embossed lines that WC posted and will paint the inside of the lines whatever color you wish. Impractical yes....but oh so nice.

Have a set of HMVP heavy one's sitting on a shelf if ever someone is interested.

Used them for one season last year, and remove them since I installed BBIII throttlemeister on my bike.

Let me know !