Bar End Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monty

Reaction score
Anyone using them? I have the frame sliders and was wondering about these also. :huh:

Monty,

I suspect that the reason you are not getting any responses is that the preferred bar ends on the FJR are either heavy stainless steel (to reduce vibrations) and/or throttle locks like the Throttlemeister or Manic Salamanders. To use delrin or similar slider plastic would reduce weight and perhaps increase bar vibes.

Bob

I have the standard Throttlemeister on my bike and it is great for dampening vibration. They weigh 12 oz each which is much heavier than the stock bar ends. In theory they should be much better than stock, although I didn't have any problem with the stock bar ends causing vibrations. The Throttlemeister's do look much better and of course they're a throttle lock. Regarding the OP, I have never heard of sliders to replace the bar ends. Usually sliders are made from Delrin nylon and go on the frame to protect the plastic in case of a tip over. I'm not sure I'd put something as light as nylon/Delrin on the bar ends. I think that could cause bad vibes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the standard Throttlemeister on my bike and it is great for dampening vibration. They weigh 12 oz each which is much heavier than the stock bar ends. In theory they should be much better than stock, although I didn't have any problem with the stock bar ends causing vibrations. The Throttlemeister's do look much better and of course they're a throttle lock. Regarding the OP, I have never heard of sliders to replace the bar ends. Usually sliders are made from Delrin nylon and go on the frame to protect the plastic in case of a tip over. I'm not sure I'd put something as light as nylon/Delrin on the bar ends. I think that could cause bad vibes.
R&G Racing offers these for the FJR. I was just wondering if anyone was using them. :)

R&G Racing offers these for the FJR. I was just wondering if anyone was using them. :)

Hmmmm.... those look pretty nice. Looks like a weighted stainless bar end with a replaceable nylon end piece. I haven't seen those before. I like them. Give them a try and report back.

Hmmmm.... those look pretty nice. Looks like a weighted stainless bar end with a replaceable nylon end piece. I haven't seen those before. I like them. Give them a try and report back.
My usual luck. I ordered them from R&G and they sent the ones for the FZ & YZ by mistake. Now the hassle of returning and getting the correct stock number. :angry:

My usual luck. I ordered them from R&G and they sent the ones for the FZ & YZ by mistake. Now the hassle of returning and getting the correct stock number. :angry:
Received the correct size today and they look very nice. Hope I never need them. ;)

These are considerably heavier than the stock weights. I had a slight vibration with the stock but these have totally removed any vibes. 80-85mph on I35 this morning and smooth as silk. :yahoo:

I put some nice heavy stainless bar ends on my FJR and I love em, but they didn't do didley for the vibes. Anyway, they look great.

GP

I put some nice heavy stainless bar ends on my FJR and I love em, but they didn't do didley for the vibes. Anyway, they look great.

GP
May have just been my imagination about the vibes, GP. They do look good, however. :lol: