Bar Ends

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redcat

Reaction score
I do alot of filtering in London so have taken bar ends off the bike to make the bars as narrow as possible, in fact I dont think the small end bar weights provide any real vibration reduction anyway. (not that there is much to dampen)

The trouble is that with the bar ends off they have a bit of an untidy unfinished look. Has anybody got any ideas as to a flat fitting I could put on the bar ends that wouldn't stick out very much but would tidy the appearance?

Home depot in the US carries chromed metal, white and black plastic hole plugs that are used in furniture making. They look exactly like the chrome bar ends that are in the post above. I suggest that you go to a hardware store and see if you can find them. They only cost $2.98 a pair at HD.

Really? They're only 1.5cm each and the mirrors stick out further. I had mine off on the throttle side for a week and I can say that without it vibration was more noticable, but it's nothing compared to the bikes we used to ride.

How about a washer? Paint it black.
Am i the only one that had the stones going through my head after this post?
Why and what does stones going through your head mean? He wants to cover the end of the bar after he takes off the bar end. Bolt a washer on the end since there is a threaded insert in the bar already.

The whole idea does not make sense for 3 cm worth of clearance. I lane split all the time and go through pretty tight spaces but come on...

Why and what does stones going through your head mean? He wants to cover the end of the bar after he takes off the bar end. Bolt a washer on the end since there is a threaded insert in the bar already.

The whole idea does not make sense for 3 cm worth of clearance. I lane split all the time and go through pretty tight spaces but come on...
Whoa there :) , There was this little band called the Rolling Stones that did a song called Paint it Black. So when you said "How about a washer? Paint it black." the song ran through my head.

Whoa there :) , There was this little band called the Rolling Stones that did a song called Paint it Black. So when you said "How about a washer? Paint it black." the song ran through my head.
Ah I see those stones. I thought it was a saying I was not familiar with. I still think taking the bar ends for more clearance is a weird idea. But to each his own. :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moon Man - It was just you. :D

@Redcat - Do you normally ride sans bags?

The bags are slightly wider than the stock mirrors. I think I'd consider some non-marring or rubber bar ends if you're getting that close to the cages during traffic filtering. Better a rub than a scratch that some would find annoying.