Battery Post Stacking

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjr turbine

Reaction score
It's the "wannabe farkler" back for another round.

I got to thinkin' that maybe down the road I may want to put a Powerlet socket on the bike

as well as maybe a GPS someday, that and maybe a satellite radio receiver and/or an iPod,

but with my Scorpio alarm already on the battery, I am quickly running out of room to be able

to put the black cover back over it.

Is there something that I can put on the battery (or I guess some kind of 'bus' would work)?

I am really weak, though, when it comes to electrical stuff...so, bearing that in mind,

does anybody have any ideas on what I could use?

Thanks in advance,

Jim :unknw:

Last edited by a moderator:
Real fancy farkling would include a spare battery to run all accessories driven by a splitter running off the stator to charge it when it needed. Of course, you would need expert advice from someone who knows what a flux capacitor does when it reaches the speed of light......

Yes, it's called a power distribution block. You attach 1 wire each to the positive and negative terminals on the battery, and all your other connections are made off the block. Search for Centech, or Blue Sea on this site. There's also a writeup Warchild did on FJRTech.com.

Yes, it's called a power distribution block. You attach 1 wire each to the positive and negative terminals on the battery, and all your other connections are made off the block. Search for Centech, or Blue Sea on this site. There's also a writeup Warchild did on FJRTech.com.
I made one for my Wing out of a simple 50 cent terminal block, and attached it to the battery with double sided 3M foam tape. It would probably be real easy to make something similar for the FJR. The only trick is finding the proper place to locate it. There isn't much room in there on the 06 model.

https://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/batteryconnections

medium.jpg

It's the "wannabe farkler" back for another round.
I got to thinkin' that maybe down the road I may want to put a Powerlet socket on the bike

as well as maybe a GPS someday, that and maybe a satellite radio receiver and/or an iPod,

but with my Scorpio alarm already on the battery, I am quickly running out of room to be able

to put the black cover back over it.

Is there something that I can put on the battery (or I guess some kind of 'bus' would work)?

I am really weak, though, when it comes to electrical stuff...so, bearing that in mind,

does anybody have any ideas on what I could use?

Thanks in advance,

Jim :unknw:
I was in your spot a few weeks ago and settled on the Powerlet. I put on a front Powerlet that powers my tank bag with two powerlet sockets in the tankbag, one for the gps and one for the communicator. I also put a rear powerlet on the bike for my heated vest. All very clean looking and functional.