Battery Tender Pig-Tail Connectors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmonroe

Reaction score
I have the Detran Batter Tenders on all of my bikes (lawnmowers and hot rods too). There are times that I would like to plug other 12v stuff into the pig-tail from the battery. For example, a pump to inflage the tires, charge a cell phone, run the laptop, etc.

Does anyone know where cables or connectors can be purchased to connect up to these pigtails?

Mark

This style?

31CQZ26XBSL._AA280_.jpg

2 wire flat trailer connector-any auto parts store. For accessory end, red (positive) would be the male pin, bike end, red will be female. Hoppy part #47965.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.derbycycles.com Derby Cycle in Kentucky has been a reliable and inexpensive supplier for the official factory packaged battery tender/battery tender jr/ etc. pigtails.

FWIW, the connectors shown in the photo in the above post are SAE 2 pin, and they are commonly found in the trailer wiring section at places like Tractor Supply Co.

I have the Detran Batter Tenders on all of my bikes (lawnmowers and hot rods too). There are times that I would like to plug other 12v stuff into the pig-tail from the battery. For example, a pump to inflage the tires, charge a cell phone, run the laptop, etc.
Does anyone know where cables or connectors can be purchased to connect up to these pigtails?

Mark

Pretty much any Wallyworld or auto parts store. Good luck.....

Powerlet products have all the connections from sae to bmw style plugs to cig lighter style inputs. Go to their site and they even have all the pictures.

Mark
I tried some of the crap Radio Shack & Walmart sold. Don't bother, as the wire gauge is 1/2 what the real Deltran stuff has, and only "kinda sorta" fits. Deltran sent me to batterymart.com for accessories and I bought quite a few genuine Deltran pigtails as well as 10ft, 15ft, and 20ft extensions from them, and they were worth the money.