before and after slide

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05fjrBluedevil

Reaction score
Well, some of you may know that i had a debackle after the Ohio ride , after finished with a nice ride from here up to north central Ohio and then off to ride the south eastern parts of Ohio.

Was a really great afternoon and then when we were finished and i was getting ready to head home, i hit unseen gravel getting on the ramp to go i74 west, the sun was bright and i just did not see the gravel, before i knew it I was on the ground and sliding.

we bike took some damage, so I decided to go ahead and claim it.

slidebeforeandafter004.jpg

slidebeforeandafter005.jpg

slidebeforeandafter018.jpg

slidebeforeandafter015.jpg

slidebeforeandafter014.jpg

So here is the what that unexpected slide bought, now I do not recomend that any one have one, but now that the irritation has left, it does look better than new, except for some things that i will take my time in changing out.

slidebeforeandafter028.jpg

slidebeforeandafter030.jpg

slidebeforeandafter032.jpg

slidebeforeandafter031.jpg

slidebeforeandafter029.jpg

Well so far it great, I no longer felt the burning heat in the crotch area, it was in the 80 plus range here yesterday, so i took a ride east on 42 to 421 then jumped on 71 and then back to 329 then back home. was just a nice little rumble!

i love the sound of these pipes!!!!

good call on the black satin cans, I looked at the polished cans and then sent them back, since i pulled polished cans off, i just wanted something different.

I like everything about them, the new lowers, mirrors, sliders, power commander, headers, cans and the make shift cut down windshield was nice this morning, even in low 50's.....

here are some shots I took a month ago plus a few of the aircraft that flew over my house while they were doing thunder air show.

slidebeforeandafter022.jpg

slidebeforeandafter021.jpg

slidebeforeandafter020.jpg

slidebeforeandafter024.jpg

Next year i will just stay home and watch the air show from the back yard!

slidebeforeandafter026.jpg

slidebeforeandafter027.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike looks great, devil, especially with those satin black cans. I didn't think you'd be disappointed with the Holeshot system and the PCIII combo. Now stay away from that gravel!

Bike does look nice. I keep hearing all of these stories about people going down in gravel lately. I guess my turn will come eventually. Black stain does look nice. Ride safe.

Eric

Nice work. but... it's... BLUE? Ya went to the trouble of painting it and kept it the same color as thousands of other FJRs?

Mike, the bike looks great! What kind of sliders are those? The cans look awesome also. Glad to see you got everything put back together. How many parts did you have left over? :unsure:

Bike looks great, devil, especially with those satin black cans. I didn't think you'd be disappointed with the Holeshot system and the PCIII combo. Now stay away from that gravel!

Yep, you were right!

i really like the black cans and the sound is just awsome!

Yes no gravel please!!!!

It is funny, because in the mornings I head west so away from the rising sun and in the evenings I am going east so I do not deal with the sun in my eyes very often.

I think it is time to get a tinted visor!

because the sun as played a key roll in my accidents.

Mike, the bike looks great! What kind of sliders are those? The cans look awesome also. Glad to see you got everything put back together. How many parts did you have left over

Thanks I like it, no parts left over, now the first time i took the plastic off i had parts left over, so I had to take it back apart to find where i missed them, but i did figure out that I could pull the entire front cowling and upper sides together. that has saved me much time over the last two years while playing around with this and that on the bike.

I got them from speigler, site but ordered through Mike at university, They are LSI and i decided not to drill the fairings this time, besides they were blue and close match to bike and different than everyone else has.

might use their bar ends as well except they are compression type expanding in bar end to hold them in and I have not decided what way to go on bar ends yet.

heck i can not believe it took me this long to put the tank protector pad on the bike, it has been sitting in the garage for 6+ months.

some time soon, I might be able to make it out there for another ride. It was a great ride and i will pay more attention when i am ready to drive the 300+ miles back home to not hit gravel or at least see it and know i am hitting it, I have had this bike try to slip out on me everywhere i have gone that i have hit gravel, but if you do not see it you can not take corrective action.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts