Bent Rim - Galfer Wave Rotor Advice Wanter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frenchy750

Reaction score
Riding the last 15 miles of a 4600 mile trip, I managed to hit a nice, big rock on the 210 freeway, and bent up my front rim pretty nicely.

557544586_EeUkK-L.jpg

I'm pretty sure the rim needs to be replaced, which is fine.

That got me thinking though... while I'm replacing the rim, maybe I'll go for the Galfer Wave rotors that I've been wanting. I like the way they look, and if the rotating mass weight reduction and 30% more stopping force is only half marketing hype, then why not?

I have a 2006 with ABS. Does anyone have a similar bike and experience with the Wave rotors? DO the Wave rotors affect the ABS in any way?

Finally, any ideas where I can get a new rim and the Galfer rotors inexpensively?

Thanks!

Wish I could help you, but I don't think GALFER and inexpensive are usually found in the same sentence! :ermm:

Good luck in your search.

Don

Your rim is actually repairable, should you choose to go that route. Then there is Evil-Bay...

If the rim is to be repaired you will have to replace seals and bearings. If you send a rim for repair with the tire off, rotors off plus bearings and seals removed the cost will run $65-$120. Some shops include paint, others charge. Some shops grind marks smooth, others weld and grind, ask how they handle this. If you send a wheel with everything still on they will charge you to take it all off.

The following wheel shops have been used and recommended by FJR owners on this Forum.

Frame Straights

Gsxr_05_1.JPG

Gsxr_05_2.JPG

Gsxr_05_4.JPG

Fast Forward Wheels

Dr Johns

The following shop comes highly recommended BUT their website is shut down and the shop may be closed. You will have to spend a quarter and give them a call.

Will's Rim Repair

9 W. Sable Court

Greenville, SC 29617

phone: 864-787-1351

Last edited by a moderator:
Bent my front rim on a rock the other day, and am thinking of replacing it with a lighter weight one. Anybody have any suggestions as to what a good front rim on a 2006 FJR would be?

Thanks!