Best Dealer for Gear in Chicagoland?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The topic says it all... where is the best place to get gear in Chicagoland?
Gotta agree with Cougar, however, depending on what kind of gear you're looking for, you may find Highlands Yamaha in Countryside to have a decent selection. DGY in Downers Grove is OK too.

Is there something specific you're looking for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dupage Honda / Yamaha is OK. But overall I think the service at all of the cylce shops in the midwest is lacking.

The topic says it all... where is the best place to get gear in Chicagoland?
Nielsen's in Lake Villa is OK. I've bought a few helmets, a jacket and a rainsuit from them over the years. Their selection isn't great, just OK. I'd have to agree that you'll need to go outside IL to get a great selection.

Dupage Honda / Yamaha is OK. But overall I think the service at all of the cylce shops in the midwest is lacking.
Outside of IL! :eek:

Wow! That's disappointing. With the sheer number of Yamaha dealers, I figured at least a couple would stand out.

Aside from the occasional parts needed for the bike, I could stand to freshen up my riding apparel (pants, etc.). Any other non-dealer stores out there? I haven't come across any here in the Hoffman Estates vicinity.

I was just in at DGY over the weekend, and was impressed with their gear selection. Their prices are pretty much retail pricing. Like WheatonFJR, I have also bought quite a bit of gear from Newenough.com. Their prices are great, and their customer service just as great as well.

Chicago Cycle does have a large inventory of gear. It's self service so you can try out the gear you like and get it priced. If pricing is not to your satisfaction, you can always get over the internet. At least you'll have an idea of what size you'll need and how the gear looks and feels in person.

Chicago Cycle does have a large inventory of gear. It's self service so you can try out the gear you like and get it priced. If pricing is not to your satisfaction, you can always get over the internet. At least you'll have an idea of what size you'll need and how the gear looks and feels in person.

+1

They carry Joe Rocket, Icon, Vanson, cortech, Tourmaster and some others I can't remember as far as jackets and pants. Helmet line are shoei,arai,HJC,& Icon if I recall correctly. The apparell part is in the back, quite a selection, about 800 sq ft for that room alone [SIZE=8pt]I suck at estimating,it's probably bigger than that[/SIZE]

i've been to a bunch and nobody has had that big an area for gear that I've ever seen.