Best place to buy a Givi Top Case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
Been looking around on the Internet looking at the Givi E55 Top case. Need something big and I believe this is about as big as you can get for the FJR. Anyone seen any good deals on them? Also seems like I have read not to buy the backrest for the Givi. Is this correct. Seems like some people say they make it so the passenger leans to far forward or something and not comfortable. Any other info on big top cases appreciated... Thanks...

I have the E55 Tech with the Admore lighting kit and no back pad. Nice, big box. I did an internet search for the best deal and took the price to my local dealer and they matched it. Had to pay sales tax but no shipping charge. I've done this with other items as well and they usually match the best price (outside of close outs of course).

I have the E55 Tech with the Admore lighting kit and no back pad. Nice, big box. I did an internet search for the best deal and took the price to my local dealer and they matched it. Had to pay sales tax but no shipping charge. I've done this with other items as well and they usually match the best price (outside of close outs of course).

Do you remember how much you paid for all of this? Just curious if ya don't mind..

Also looks like there are a few different models in the E55 line. The Tech and Maxia and Maxia Tech. Would there be any reason to pick one over the other? I saw just the basic Tech model for $328 at Revzilla...

Do you remember how much you paid for all of this? Just curious if ya don't mind..
Paid $315 for the box and the Admore kit is what it is; couldn't find any discount on that. The maxia I believe has a liner and power lock, both of which I don't need.

You might try Sport Tour out of Cincinnati. Good people to deal with and free shipping.
https://www.sporttour.com/shopexd.asp?id=44
I bought a givi sr357 from sport tour, best price and was delivered in less than 24 hours for free.

I have a Shad Sh50 box and am very pleased with it. Fits 2 helmets with no problems.

What do you think about this deal from PCA? https://www.pca-one.com/productDetail.asp?productID=295&RetURL=search&search=&bikeType=&bikeMake=&bikeModel=&bikeYear=&MfgCode=GIV Seems like a decent deal at $299. Looks to be a E55 Black Matte with Smoked lense. Not sure what the NT means and not sure why this one is a hundred dollars less than the others.. Take a look and tell me what you think..
Looks like a great deal. Looks like free shipping too. The NT means it is the base "Tech" model (smoked lenses). I would buy it if I was still in the market.

FYI; Admore light kits are better than the Givi solution.

Keep in mind you will need the mounting rack too. Can't help you there 'cause the previous owner of my bike had left it on. From what I understand, there are a couple solutions for mounting. Some better/stronger than others.Search the forum for help on Givi mounting racks for the skinny.
smile.png

i shopped around a bit, it appears there is not much variance in pricing on givi, i wonder if there prices are fixed by givi?

highly recommend sporttour.com. i'm lucky to live about 10 miles from them. they are great to work with. they also have great prices on tires.

it would be my strong recommendation that you opt for the givi monokey rack to mount your givi topbox instead of an aftermarket one. i had one, and although it was better looking, larger and more usable for putting other stuff on it when the givi wasn't on it, it also was a flawed design compared to the givi. it cracked my subframe, as it puts too much stress on the wrong areas. mount the givi rack and that thing is _rock solid_.

i had a recent "adventure" on my fjr resulting in rashing up my E52, and got some insurance money to replace it. i shopped for the 55 liter like you are, and saw some questionable reviews on its design and function, so i'm sticking with the E52. just a heads up. good luck!

Thanks everyone. I ended up picking up a used E55 on the cheap. Now if I could just find a used Givi Rack. Looks like I'm gonna end up buying a new one..

Thanks for the heads up Neihart. I saw that but I keep reading about how the E55 with it's size and how some of us like to overload it that it's a lot of stress on the subframe and some guys were getting cracks in them. I think I will end up just buying a new Givi SR357 rack and be done with it and not have to worry. Thanks a lot for the info though..

Latest posts