Best price for OEM heated grips?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sportourer

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Without starting a discussion on the merits of using OEM versus aftermarket heated grips I have only one question. What is the best price out there for them at this time? The best price I have found is $380 shipped. Is there a better deal out there that I have not found?

Alex Schmitt
Bethel, NY
IBA#364
STOC#4028
AMA#372280

If that price is for a pair of grips it's typical for parts places, you can do a little better. Do you already have an OEM power controller?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the complete kit with controller. Part number ABA-2D237-40-00 I do not have a controller already and need the kit.

Alex Schmitt
Bethel, NY
IBA#364
STOC#4028
AMA#372280

Google search shows around $365 for the package, yikes! A year or so ago you could find the OEM kit for $330 ish.

Good luck.

--G

FWIW, kit 23P-H29A0-V0-00 is the plug 'n play Gen II kit. Kit ABA-2D237-40-00 is a Gen I kit that is more involved to install and will not plug into your '07 harness. Your Gen II already has all the connectors and plugs right there for the 23P kit to plug into, this kit also comes with handlebar bits 'n pieces to hide the grip wires.

using the number IonBeam provided, Boats.net has it for 313 free shipping

Clicky

RonAyers shows the set for 317.. but why pay 4$ more?

That is great! $313 is a lot better than $380. I thought I had the right part number but I must have been mistaken. I only wanted a gen 2 kit.

Alex Schmitt
Bethel, NY
IBA#364
STOC#4028
AMA#372280

23P-H29A0-V0-00 comes up as the part number for Super Tenere heated grips. Am I correct that the right part number is ABA-2D237-40-00? I am about to buy these and I don't want to get the wrong thing.

Alex Schmitt
Bethel, NY
IBA#364
STOC#4028
AMA#372280

Once you make sure you get the right thing--buy them and forget about what you paid. The plug and play actually is plug and play, the controller goes where it's designed, the grips draw power based on the ECU, and they are a sweet setup. Just pay attention to the "position 1" and position "2" pin settings on the bars when installing. I love my factory grips (added after I got the bike).

Thanks Spud. I just ordered them. From everything I could tell it was the more expensive ones but I was expecting to pay that anyway. I am a mechanic for a living and being able to get an OEM setup that plugs in and works with the ECU is worth the extra money to me. I have always had to install aftermarket heated grips on everything I have ever owned so this should be a pleasure to install.

Alex Schmitt
Bethel, NY
IBA#364
STOC#4028
AMA#372280