BG44K - Has anyone used this in the FJR??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the BG44K product used to clean out fuel systems? I've used it with success in my pickup in the past and am planning to put it in the gas tank of my 2006 FJR (16,000 miles on it). Seems like I have seen where some people have endorsed a Yamaha product that is supposed to get rid of carbon deposits and I think the BG44K is supposed to do something similar. Let me know what you think of trying this stuff out in an FJR. It supposed to be much better at cleaning out fuel system/carbon deposits than products such as Seafoam.

Is anyone familiar with the BG44K product used to clean out fuel systems? I've used it with success in my pickup in the past and am planning to put it in the gas tank of my 2006 FJR (16,000 miles on it). Seems like I have seen where some people have endorsed a Yamaha product that is supposed to get rid of carbon deposits and I think the BG44K is supposed to do something similar. Let me know what you think of trying this stuff out in an FJR. It supposed to be much better at cleaning out fuel system/carbon deposits than products such as Seafoam.

BG makes great stuff, but it is concentrated so be careful. I would not use more than 3 oz. per tankful. Overdosing it could trash your injector seals etc.

i bought a case of it from a distributor. kinda pricey, but considering i have 55k miles on the fj i ride, and 60k miles on both my cages, i figured a case might help. the fjr only has 8k miles, so i decided to use a "dosage" every 5k miles to keep things in order, but as a previous poster wrote, go easy on the stuff, and follow the recommended amounts.

hth,

dean

cincinnati

We have it in stock at our shop and it does a good job cleaning the fuel system and removing carbon from the intake valves.

I was talking to the BG rep this week about using it on and FJR. According to the Rep. it isn't needed unless you use garbage for gas.

If you use a fuel like Chevron with Techron in it you are getting the same thing. Techron is the major component of BG 44k according to him.

I don't know the chemical compounds and can only pass on what he told me.

that's good to know. there are chevrons around here, but not many, and if i have the option, i always try to go with chevron.

dean

cincinnati

We have it in stock at our shop and it does a good job cleaning the fuel system and removing carbon from the intake valves.
I was talking to the BG rep this week about using it on and FJR. According to the Rep. it isn't needed unless you use garbage for gas.

If you use a fuel like Chevron with Techron in it you are getting the same thing. Techron is the major component of BG 44k according to him.

I don't know the chemical compounds and can only pass on what he told me.

The BG44K fuel treatment is the second strongest concentration of Techron avaliable on the market today. (MOC Chemicals based in cali has the first). Excellant product to use if it's actually needed. About 1/3 to 1/2 can to a full tank on your bike is more than enough to clean out anything in there without damaging the seals.