BIG video camera mounts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EODSarge

Reaction score
I've used a Sony DCR-HC20 DV camcorder on a Ram ball mount on the handlebars with good success in the past. The Sony's image stabilization does a good job and smoothing out any vibrations from the bike. But after editing HD footage from a Sony V1U, I'd like to film any future bike footage in HD. I have a cheapo Aiptek HD that records to SD card, but its vertical form factor and lack of image stabilization means it's about useless from vibration (that, and the vibration seems to shake the battery from the contacts). If I could mount the V1U somehow I'd be in heaven... but it's a 5-pound ENG camcorder and I don't think the Ram mount will cut it. So I'm looking to see if anyone's seen any other options out there. I've seen these https://www.pashnit.com/cam-mount.htm, but that arm looks like it'll put the V1U too far forward. There's also the Sticky Pod mounts, but I need to do some measuring to make sure they'd fit the tank. And, after I've spent $120 to $180 on a Sticky Pod, I could have put that towards a palm-sized HD camcorder comparable to the old HC20. The footage from the V1U would be better than a palm-sized camcorder; but that much better?

Last edited by a moderator: