Bike Condom Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
A while back, "Bike Condoms" were discussed here. Nobody on the forum had tried one yet (or at least admitted to trying one). So here's my report.

It's presented as a "disposable" bike cover. Very lightweight and compact, not necessarily designed for long life. Just an emergency cover, more or less. The website and some pics are here. I bought a couple at the introductory price of around $6 each (shipping was included), but didn't use one till last week.

They come in a small plastic bag, VERY tightly packed. I didn't want to open one up till I needed it. Didn't look too likely to go back into the bag. But it began to rain just around dinner time last week, so I decided to break one out. I was impressed by the material, at least for the cost. Heavier than I expected it to be, with a stretchy elastic all the way around, kind of like a fitted bedsheet. Well, and it was plastic, not cotton. About the same kind of material as those aprons a barber puts over you like a bib. It stretched over the handlebars, tucked under the sliders, and over the top box and the Garauld rack it's mounted on, covering the tank bag, seat, electronics, everything that really NEEDS to be covered, IMO. (Was NOT on the hot parts, so no worry about melt-age.)

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

Two things more struck me about the condom. First, to my surprise, I was able to tuck it back into the original baggie! I used it a second time, camping, and again it went back into the bag.

The other thing was, after two uses, it's still in apparently new/undamaged condition. Looks like with care it will last for quite a few more uses. It is VERY compact. No bigger than a Subway sandwich--the "Half" size. Sure didn't take much packing room.

I do have to mention that the intro price is over. Looking at the website, they're now $9.99 for one, and less if bought in fives or tens. Still, I like it for its small size, for occasional emergency use. Free shipping, by the way, still included.