bike rentals in the Northwest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countersteer

Reaction score
My family is vacationing at a western Montana ranch this summer. I’ve no interest in horses, so I want to rent a bike and ride some higher mountain roads than I can in new England. So far, I’ve found

Montana Dual Sports montanadualsportadventures.com

Mountain to Sound in Seattle mtsma.com

Oregon Motorcycle rentals near Portland oregonmotorcyclerentals.com/

Northwest Motorcycle Adventures in Portland https://northwestmotorcycleadventures.com/.

Has anyone had experience with any of these firms? Are there other rental firms that you could suggest? Montana Dual Sports is in a perfect location, but only rents KLR's. While I might go that route, I'd like to rent something with more bias towards pavement. I’m open to anything but a cruiser or hardcore sports bike. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

steve

You would be suprised at how well a KLR works on the pavement. I had to cut an angle on the aluminum boxes on mine to keep them off the ground in tight corners. :)

I did a Google search of 'Oregon Motorcycle Rentals' and there was a list of 10+ and some were dual sport, etc. You might try the same for whichever state(s) you have interest.

Thanks for the input. Good to see positive comments on Mountain to Sound, and on the KLR.

Shiny, I did do quite a bit of googling for rentals in Montana. All I got back was Harleys. It was the ranch that told me about the KLR place.

I rented an FJR from Mountain to Sound on a PNW trip in the Fall of 2005. The owners, R.T. and Brenda, are absolutely the best folks. The bikes were in top shape and all aspects of the rental transaction were first rate.